Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Dealerships in the Boston area

Old 11-05-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships in the Boston area

I'm looking for some input on dealerships in the area. I'm finally ready to buy a jeep, but I don't see much info on here about dealership reviews near Boston.
I'd love to hear any horror stories or grand successes anyone may have had, particularly with service departments. I would love to mod the jeep, and I get the impression that some service departments are more lenient than others when it come to warranty items on modded jeeps.
My three closest dealers are Kelly, Herb Chamber's, and Lawless. I'm gonna shop more dealers, especially to get the most for my trade in, but if anyone can help steer me I'd appreciate it. I'm certainly willing to go a bit further from home to get the right treatment.

I can't effen wait!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my jeep from lawless. Ask to talk to a salesman named derek and tell him you are a friend of chris tate. He might be able to hook you up a little on a trade in. He did for me. He is an awesome guy and the dealership is a really great place.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought mine from what is now Allen Mello Jepp in Nashua NH. They are definitly willing to play! I worked them over good and got $4000 off msrp. If they know you have been shopind around they will play even more. The service manager told me "It's a jeep, we expect people to mod them"!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great input so far thank you, i will definitely check them out. Anyone dealt with Kelly on route 1? It's only 3 miles from my home.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just spoke with someone at herb chambers in Danvers and there expecting a black forest green JKU rubi any day now. I think I'm gonna get black but I gotta see the new green first.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email all of them, make them work against each other. Get the best price with out leaving your house. You bet your ass they will try to undercut each other. That's what I do, if they don't want to play the game them move on. If they won't work for your business online which takes zero effort, image how willing they will be to help you in person!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone purchased or serviced at Kelly in lynnfield or herb chambers in Danvers? Bump
Old 11-05-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ct11487
I bought my jeep from lawless. Ask to talk to a salesman named derek and tell him you are a friend of chris tate. He might be able to hook you up a little on a trade in. He did for me. He is an awesome guy and the dealership is a really great place.
x2 on Lawless
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

i remember shopping around at the end of summer, went to herb in natick, the place on the automile in norwood, theres a dealer in town near me (newton), and lawless. by and large, lawless was the only place i would have considered going to. only place to actually seem to know what a jeep is, wasnt pushy at all, didnt mind quoting me out a 2012 as opposed to some of the 2011's on lots in the area. definitely seemed like some good guys.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Brigham Gill is my top pick. Bought mine there and the service people are great. They don't charge u for bs like removing skids, etc. And dint try to steal money from u during warranty repairs.

Clark has been messy with my service. Broke stuff, stains on my seats, forgot to connect hoses after repairs, etc. Charged me extra stuff during warranty repairs, tried to squeeze every penny from me. Never going back.

Dealing with sales at Central was a joke. I was ready to buy that day, the sales person said he wouldn't give me more info until I put money down! I got into an argument and walked out and another guy chased me down. Worst sales experience ever.

Quick Reply: Dealerships in the Boston area