Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

how high

Old 10-27-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to jump on the "grease gun is what" trend.... does the stock drive shaft needs to get the gun? havnt heard any mention of having to grease anything stock
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Dave any questions or concerns feel free to text me. I'm always around. Glad to help too. Worst case scenario if you want we can just swap rigs. I can treat her they way she should be treated. As for mine I just buy her new gifts now and then to keep her with me.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Navy, with the TF lift, I have the same one as my brother in law on my Rubi but I went with different shocks from him. Do you have the teraflex shocks? Also, you did a 3" lift vs. our 2.5. We netted over 3" with our lift so I am guessing you are close to 4"?? If so, that is definitley above the safety limit for running a stock shaft so I'm not surprised you tore yours.
It's funny you say that about how much height I got. I have the TF shocks and it does seem like I got a lot of lift out of it. I have a buddy who has a 4" lift on his JK using another mode and when I'm parked next to him I'm at the same height, though he has 33s and I have 285s so maybe they even things out. In any case, the TF lift kit did seem to give me some nice height. Only problem is my tires definitely seem too small and I have this huge space above craving to be filled with 37s....though I am sure that that would just trigger the need for me to do more to my Jeep that I would not understand how to do.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91

It's funny you say that about how much height I got. I have the TF shocks and it does seem like I got a lot of lift out of it. I have a buddy who has a 4" lift on his JK using another mode and when I'm parked next to him I'm at the same height, though he has 33s and I have 285s so maybe they even things out. In any case, the TF lift kit did seem to give me some nice height. Only problem is my tires definitely seem too small and I have this huge space above craving to be filled with 37s....though I am sure that that would just trigger the need for me to do more to my Jeep that I would not understand how to do.
I'll sell you my 37's for $1500
Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running a 4" for over a year with no issues on my drive shaft at all. I inspect the boot pretty regularly just to be safe. I agree with what another poster said, I think it's kinda random on just how long everything will hold together. I'd say wheeling it hard would have an influence too, but Jae is supposed to wheel his rig hard and he hasn't had any problems yet.

good luck.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I've been running a 4" for over a year with no issues on my drive shaft at all. I inspect the boot pretty regularly just to be safe. I agree with what another poster said, I think it's kinda random on just how long everything will hold together. I'd say wheeling it hard would have an influence too, but Jae is supposed to wheel his rig hard and he hasn't had any problems yet.

good luck.

We are talking about front DS 2wd JK's don't have them hook, sorry.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jae Suite
We are talking about front DS 2wd JK's don't have them hook, sorry.
So how the heck do you wheel yours so hard then?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

So how the heck do you wheel yours so hard then?
I'm sorry I didn't spell it out for you, mine is 4x4 so I have a front DS, your 2wd does not. Man some people.....I can't believe for an engineer how.....nevermind no need insult, maybe just go back to you own area and stop hijacking our New England section. Lol.

Last edited by Jae Suite; 10-27-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jae Suite
I'm sorry I didn't spell it out for you, mine is 4x4 so I have a front DS, your 2wd does not. Man some people.....I can't believe for an engineer how.....nevermind no need insult, maybe just go back to you own area and stop hijacking our New England section. Lol.
The last time I checked, the trail rated badge (as if that meant anything) and the Dana 30 on my rig are comparable to yours barring the 3.73 axle ratio on my rig to the 3.21 on yours.

Wow, I started off providing you a pretty nice compliment and this is where it leads...
...friends...geez!
...maybe I will stay in the Lone Star State Section. At least we have an entire section to our whole state. Y'all need what, like 13 or something like that?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

The last time I checked, the trail rated badge (as if that meant anything) and the Dana 30 on my rig are comparable to yours barring the 3.73 axle ratio on my rig to the 3.21 on yours.

Wow, I started off providing you a pretty nice compliment and this is where it leads...
...friends...geez!
...maybe I will stay in the Lone Star State Section. At least we have an entire section to our whole state. Y'all need what, like 13 or something like that?
Didn't know that they put Dana 30 in the rear of a 2wd JK. Good piece of info thanks hook.

And BTW our northern states could take you guys any day of the week. Did it once can do it again.

Last edited by Jae Suite; 10-27-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: how high