Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Lift Friendly Dealer in New England

Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Friendly Dealer in New England

Hey Everybody,

I am getting ready to move back to New England and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a dealer who is lift friendly as my '08 has the lifetime powertrain warranty. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Zander
Hey Everybody,

I am getting ready to move back to New England and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a dealer who is lift friendly as my '08 has the lifetime powertrain warranty. Thanks!

They installed my 2.5" lift kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02620DBBFA317C932CD04A2D18842D53.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	304811
Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 AM
JK Super Freak

the jeep dealer is newton, ma is lift friendly for basic work. jeep dealer in natick, ma is super mod friendly, and seems to be the go to in mass for a mod friendly dealer.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love hearing this stuff. i was down in johnston on sat. picking up a new (old) grille to paint and they were def all about mods - they have teraflex lifts for sale in the service dept. and i ordered my rig through randolph back in nov and they seemed uninterested in mods but i know they have a new owner and it would be great to find a mod friendly dealer close to home.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's an email i just got back from the johnston dealership - they're gonna get my business

Hi Nick,

You are welcome for the grille and as far as the lift & warranty goes you would be all set with a mild lift (2-3”).

We have installed a bunch of them and our service dept. has no issue with lifted jeeps (as long as we don’t have to warranty universal joints all the time because of the 35-37” tires)

I prefer to use Teraflex lifts. I stock the “budget boost” lift which includes coil spacers and shock extension brackets and I also have the same 2.5” lift which includes 4 new coil springs.

We also do gear swaps, axle strengthening (sleeves/gussets), welding, custom bumper installations. We pretty much do anything our customers request.

Let me know if you need any info. or are interested in modifying your Jeep.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
here's an email i just got back from the johnston dealership - they're gonna get my business

Hi Nick,

You are welcome for the grille and as far as the lift & warranty goes you would be all set with a mild lift (2-3”).

We have installed a bunch of them and our service dept. has no issue with lifted jeeps (as long as we don’t have to warranty universal joints all the time because of the 35-37” tires)

I prefer to use Teraflex lifts. I stock the “budget boost” lift which includes coil spacers and shock extension brackets and I also have the same 2.5” lift which includes 4 new coil springs.

We also do gear swaps, axle strengthening (sleeves/gussets), welding, custom bumper installations. We pretty much do anything our customers request.

Let me know if you need any info. or are interested in modifying your Jeep.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hey Nick, is this place in R.I.? a link would be cool...I'd like to check them out.

I need to regear my '12 JKU asap

Thanks
Jim
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Here is a link. They did my re-gaearing a year and a half ago. Used them for both parts and install. A little more expensvie for the parts compared to buying a kit from Northridge but I get full warranty on my axles (including e-lockers) and they handle all aspects of gear failure (god forbid) if it ever happens. They use Superior gears so they are excellent quality. I could have brought my own such as the Yukons but, again, I;d rather let them deal with warranty issues and I fgured it was just easier.

If you call, give Jeff Tucker a call in parts. He is the guy to talk to. He takes care of everyone in my club for replacemnt parets and handles all of our service setups. He is a good guy.

h t t p://www.metrochryslerjeepdodge.com/index.htm
That is exactly what I'm looking for as far as any warranty issues along the way. It only has 1500 miles. Was going to order the kit but I will call and ask for Jeff first.
Was the regearing install a one day affair?

Thanks
Jim
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Be careful with Metro Jeep, Johnston RI. I live 5 minutes from them but ended up buying 30 minutes away. I've heard so many horror stories from that place that I just stayed away. Although that was the sales aspect, I can't really speak for the service department. Id get everything in writing before they touch the Jeep. They do have some pretty sick lifted jeeps on the lot though! Just my .02 looking out for a fello jeeper. Good luck though !
Old 04-19-2012, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20

Mine was a two day job because I had them install inner sleeves and outer gussets on my front axle. That takes a couple of hours to do so they finished up my overall job the next morning.
How much did they charge ya for that? Looking to do the same. Thx
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tdecristofaro_7907
Be careful with Metro Jeep, Johnston RI. I live 5 minutes from them but ended up buying 30 minutes away. I've heard so many horror stories from that place that I just stayed away. Although that was the sales aspect, I can't really speak for the service department. Id get everything in writing before they touch the Jeep. They do have some pretty sick lifted jeeps on the lot though! Just my .02 looking out for a fello jeeper. Good luck though !
Thier sales dept can be a little tough. Thier parts & service are far superior to the place 30 mins away. I have horror stories from every other dealership within 50 miles.

My favorite from the service manager of another dealership:

Service MNGR: "but maam, it's a Jeep. It's ok if it gets wet"

Owner: "It's brand new with under 500 miles on it and the seats and floor get soaked every time it rains a little!"

Her entire interior was filled with mold and mildew from the water coming through the hard top. Metro fixed it. FWIW, Metro gets all the problem vehicles from other dealerships that can't/won't fix the problems.

Quick Reply: Lift Friendly Dealer in New England