Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

MASS Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I got scared around 3 and put the top back on :P Still no rain down this way yet
Old 04-12-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the top off today as well. Still off right now it's 74 here. 1st time I took it down for the year was thursday.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Default cb woes

Originally Posted by Mike72771
Ahhh, you gotta love the wonderful world of electronic gremlins.

Here’s an idea. Can you hit radio shack and get an actual cigarette lighter plug then wire the CB to that plug? If that somehow fixes the noise it will give you a better starting point to troubleshoot from.

Sometimes it can be the smallest most simple thing overlooked and you figure it out after you rip the machine or Jeep apart.
Well checked every ground and seems to have no impact so I ordered a new one with 2 day shipping for 94 bucks. crossing finger that it's the CB itself. I got it from a member in my club who got rid of his jeep and he said it was prefect and worked great. I heard form someone in the club he always had issues with the CB so it might just be the cb itself that is screwed up. They said he didn't have many light bulbs turned on.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

That blows if he sold you a bum radio and knew it. Hopefully the new one will work out. If not I have a hammer you can borrow.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm sure this one is toast and it's my kids play radio at this point. I also reached out to Kris on meeting her on Saturday at Doc Wheels. I'm hoping she can. My wife and kdis are gone this weekend and I was trying hard to actually fin somewhere to ride but have come up with ziltch. Anyone feel like a ride?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
I'm sure this one is toast and it's my kids play radio at this point. I also reached out to Kris on meeting her on Saturday at Doc Wheels. I'm hoping she can. My wife and kdis are gone this weekend and I was trying hard to actually fin somewhere to ride but have come up with ziltch. Anyone feel like a ride?
Common up here, some of the class 4 roads are open, but they are almost bottomless mud pits so bring plenty of straps, most of the harder trails are still snowed in.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Wish I could, I still need to pop the cherry on this thing. But alas my weekend is booked with a honny do list big enough to sub for a bikini top...
Old 04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey there Mike, how do you like your RE BB? Did you go with the monotubes? Just curious as considering that as one of the possible lifts. Thanks man. How about this New England weather everyone?!! woohoo spring has sprun!!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Dylan,

I like it a lot.

The jeep sits even front and back now and since this is a daily driver and I do want to do some trail riding I figured the 2" was the best and most balanced choice for me. With the added clearance of the 33’s I think I’m in good shape. I went with the monotube for the stiffer ride.

Now all I need is to pick up a couple of skids just to be safe and break the Dana 35 so I have an excuse to get the Mopar 44.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mike72771
Hey Dylan,

I like it a lot.

The jeep sits even front and back now and since this is a daily driver and I do want to do some trail riding I figured the 2" was the best and most balanced choice for me. With the added clearance of the 33’s I think I’m in good shape. I went with the monotube for the stiffer ride.

Now all I need is to pick up a couple of skids just to be safe and break the Dana 35 so I have an excuse to get the Mopar 44.
Thanks Mike, that's what I was hoping to hear for sure. Your jeep looks great. Daily driver here also and 33's are the max we were looking to upgrade to. Now just have to decide on a 2" lift and I seem to be leaning towards the RE BB with monotubes. It was awesome to see you rig set up the same way.

Did you do the install yourself? If so, how did it go?

Have fun picking out your skids and good luck breaking the Dana 35!
Thanks again for the info.
Dylan

Quick Reply: MASS Thread