Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

MASS Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverShift
Thought I'd pop in again and see if anybody lives close to me.. I live in Natick now and I'm dying to get the jeep dirty! Anybody from around there? I've seen a shitload of Jeeps here
I live in Boston but work out in Waltham. Really nothing distinguishing about my deep cherry two door though.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default 4x4 shops near Quincy?

Hey guys,

Just wondering where people bring their rigs for service in the south shore area? Apparently Quirk Jeep in Braintree doesn't know how to do an alignment on a lifted jeep, nor does a Midas shop in Quincy. Very surprised a Jeep dealership couldn't do it and they suggested bringing it to a 4X4 shop yet didn't give any suggestions on a place.

I messed up the alignment pretty good when I brought it to "Topless day" over the weekend then went wheeling again after that. One of the tires is toed out a bit and my sway bars will not connect anymore.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm surprised Quirk in Braintree wouldn't help you - the new service manager there is pretty fair and I think he does a bit of wheeling himself.

I live right near there and I can't think of any "4x4" shops. Truck Guys in Weymouth MIGHT be able to help you, or steer you in the right direction. They're not far from Quirk Jeep. If you keep driving south (Quirk Jeep on your right) and pass through Weymouth Landing Truck guys is a mile or two up on the left. Might be worth giving them a call.

I think Dave's Automotive in Hanson (on Rt. 58) would be able to do it as well - they're a host/sponsor for the 2nd annual mudfest in Halifax, and I know they do some 4x4 work.

I'd also recommend is Bruce's Automotive in Hanover. I have NO IDEA what their experience is with lifted trucks/jeeps, but my family brings their cars there and he's fair and honest - not a bad place to start when talking about auto shops.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

ezlifestyle - are your wheels on spacers? maybe thats why Quirk Jeep wouldn't do it?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Davep22
ezlifestyle - are your wheels on spacers? maybe thats why Quirk Jeep wouldn't do it?
Ya wheels are on spacers, and its a metalcloak lift, so no one was familiar with it. I will call that truck place in Weymouth.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Krawl Daddy Offroad in Attleboro can help. Not exactly south shore but they are experts with JK's. Jeff and Tom are sometimes on the boards here but spend most of their time on Freaks.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Hey there,
We can help you out at Krawl Daddy. We don't have a proper alignment setup to give you a printout with all your numbers, but it's easy enough to adjust your toe and get your steering wheel recentered by adjusting your drag link and tie rod, straighten out the bent stuff, and get everything working properly. getting a fine tuned alignment on a jeep is pretty much a waste of time since it gets knocked out of whack every time you take it off road anyway.

shoot me an email at jeff@krawdaddyoffroad dot com if you want to chat about it.

alignment shops have no idea what they are doing since they just do stock cars all day and are unfamiliar with custom suspensions and all the adjustability involved.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone living on cape cod know any near by places for some trails? I usually just go on the Nauset outer beach but id like to hit some trials

2010 2dr JK sport- stock except some lights and plastidip
Old 06-08-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rfahey93
Anyone living on cape cod know any near by places for some trails? I usually just go on the Nauset outer beach but id like to hit some trials

There used to be a few places here but they got locked up with fire gates and no way around them. It really sucks just being to drive down the beach and nothing else.

Last edited by blue project; 06-08-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfahey93

Other than beaches, if you have a pass, there is abosolutely nothing legal anywhere along the South Shore down to the Cape. If you hear of groups wheeling, they are doing it illegally or on private property where they have permission (hopefully!). Unfortunately, to find some good spots, you have at least an hour and a half ride to the nearest place I know of (private property) and about 3 hours to the nearest public place. I know there is a Jeep club down the Cape and my club (out of Kingston) has a bunch of members from the Cape as well. Tons of trails to run if you are in a club, but, again, long rides to get there!

Quick Reply: MASS Thread