Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park

Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park

Anyone ever been to Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park in NY? Worth the 3 hour drive?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested as well.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Bump. Also curious
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did Mettowee once last year near the end of fall. I'm about an hour and 15 away. There are some pictures in my profile.

Myself and a buddy had the park to ourselves. It's mainly dirt trails and lots of mud. We found one trail that had some rocks, managed to put a nice dent in my muffler. Other than that, nothing that I discovered was out of the realm of a stock jeep. We went backwards on a "closed" trail without realizing it, made it up a muddy hill just fine. In the end, a tow strap is really all you'll need (to get out of the mud!)

We didn't check the whole park out though, ran out of time. I hope to find some spots with more rocks this season. Their annual spring fliing is a zoo though, it's hard to get in the place, let alone wheel.

3 hours isn't too bad. I'm definitely going to visit a couple times this year. Anyone been to Whispering Pines near Lyons NY? I'd like to make a daytrip out there as well. Waiting for my Bilsteins so Rock Krawler can install my lift!

Lake George/Saratoga are on the way. Make a day or two of it!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason6
I did Mettowee once last year near the end of fall. I'm about an hour and 15 away. There are some pictures in my profile.

Myself and a buddy had the park to ourselves. It's mainly dirt trails and lots of mud. We found one trail that had some rocks, managed to put a nice dent in my muffler. Other than that, nothing that I discovered was out of the realm of a stock jeep. We went backwards on a "closed" trail without realizing it, made it up a muddy hill just fine. In the end, a tow strap is really all you'll need (to get out of the mud!)

We didn't check the whole park out though, ran out of time. I hope to find some spots with more rocks this season. Their annual spring fliing is a zoo though, it's hard to get in the place, let alone wheel.

3 hours isn't too bad. I'm definitely going to visit a couple times this year. Anyone been to Whispering Pines near Lyons NY? I'd like to make a daytrip out there as well. Waiting for my Bilsteins so Rock Krawler can install my lift!

Lake George/Saratoga are on the way. Make a day or two of it!
I live in Saratoga and born and raised in lake George. I could show you some nice trails if you get up this way
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

havent checked it out yet but its about 45 minutes away from my families property in Lake george. Id love to find some easy/beginners trails up in the lake george/Bolton landing area next time up visiting.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrod250
I live in Saratoga and born and raised in lake George. I could show you some nice trails if you get up this way

I'm back in Saratoga again and have no clue where to go here. Wanna show me around? lol

Quick Reply: Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park