Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tolland Labor Day (take 3)

Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when's the next trip?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Default No later than TGiving weekend

I'm heading up to VT mid-October (on the auspices of leaf-peeping, but we'll be too deep in the woods to see the colors ). I'd like to get out to Tolland early November, then probably again Friday or Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Anyone have other ideas or preferences?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

scott got your message i gues it was to lat because i got it today but when are you guys going agian im definatly in on the next trip you said something about october maybe and early november im there. It would be great to meet the guys and girls that are making this forum real fun.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Give me a little notice, and I'm almost guaranteed to show - would definitely wheel there again.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:51 AM
HEK
JK Freak

wow I've been a member of this Board for some time now and just posted on the write ups and JK talk never venturing into these areas and as I see you snooze you loose.... , been to Tolland house shopping for my sister in law, beautiful country out there, would have loved to participate in a run but that weekend I was away so maybe I'll cut in line next time....
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Welcome

Welcome to the forum, HEK. Keep an eye on the New England forum - I'll start a new thread when I know when I can make it.
Everyone (esp. those who went last time): don't hesitate to organize a run. This isn't my property, and I'm not the one who found it!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Thanks for welcoming onboard, one quick question....how do one know where to off road without breaking the law?....a question i've asking myself since I got the JK...thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

As far as I know, if it's not posted, it's OK. The place we go in Tolland has signs posted alongside the road, but we're comfortable that it means "don't leave the road and go into the woods". Some motocrossers we spoke to agreed.
One thing that has me curious (jump in w/opinion MJS_Jeep_888 - I know you always have one ) is that I've been to this place twice, and never seen another 4x4 - only ATVs and MX. (The young couple fooling around in the pickup truck don't count!)

Tread Lightly has a website that I've been meaning to read. They might shed some light on the question.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Well today I had a conversation with a friend from work who lives in Tolland and he mentioned that the town is keeping an eye on "trespassers" as some residents have complained about 4x4's and ATVs "disturbing the peace".. but he mentioned that on the weekends most people go to the trails where the power and gas lines are located .
He suggested I call the town hall and ask where are the fields were one can trail legally......
Thanks for the link scottcarp, very imformative...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, I have opinions all right, for better or worse!

IMO, you guys should all come to THIS.

Based on the location of the signs we saw on the trail Scottcarp, I'd say that we were NOT trespassing.

Furthermore, through some research, I've found that Tolland State Forest IS open to off-road vehicles from May 1 through the last Sunday in November. So, I'd say we're definitely good to go.

So, who's in?

Quick Reply: Tolland Labor Day (take 3)