Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

"Toys for Tots" FUN RUN in Taunton, MA 12-03-2011 OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Toys for Tots" FUN RUN in Taunton, MA 12-03-2011 OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

CLUB MEMBERSHIP NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN

MA ORV STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN

We will be holding our 3rd annual fun run on 12-03-2011. There will be a trail ride at the location where we held our 2010 "Earth Day Clean-up" departing at 11am.

Meeting Location:

Indian Springs Plaza
2979 County St (Route 138)
Somerset, MA

Our first year we filled 3 rather large donation boxes with toys from our small group. Last year we are invited other clubs. We were attempting to "Fill the Trailer". It was a very successful second year. The trailer wasn't full floor to ceiling, but it was filled up on the huge floor.

This year, we are going to once again invite other clubs to join us.

So please bring a new unwrapped toy for donation please. If you can't attend the day of and want to donate, you can bring a new unwrapped toy to any SSW Event between now and 12-03-2011

Drop off Point will be in Somerset, MA

Photo's from previous year's "Fun Run" Toy events.

CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OF THIS RUN!
MA ORV STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN!

Attending:
1. TexsDream77

Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Great cause!
What's the terrain like?
Old 11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my club is not doing our own thing, count me in.

Attending:
1. TexsDream77
2. Renpia
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

x2 on whats the trail like. dont mind a chance to frolic for a good cause.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JEEPNVJK
Great cause!
What's the terrain like?
We actaully have 2 different trail rides that people could do. One is rocky and wet, and one is wet. The wet one can get quite deep. Not snorkle deep. Both would be considered easier terrain. The rocky one has some interesting rocks to play on. (see above pics)
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a newbie and stock... And it's my DD. Can I handle it? I don't mind a few scrapes and bumps but I'm pretty sure my husband is less understanding then sneck's wife.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bonzelda
I'm a newbie and stock... And it's my DD. Can I handle it? I don't mind a few scrapes and bumps but I'm pretty sure my husband is less understanding then sneck's wife.
to be fair, I'm lucky to have survived the night
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
CLUB MEMBERSHIP NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN

MA ORV STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN

We will be holding our 3rd annual fun run on 12-03-2011. There will be a trail ride at the location where we held our 2010 "Earth Day Clean-up" departing at 11am.

Meeting Location:

Indian Springs Plaza
2979 County St (Route 138)
Somerset, MA

Our first year we filled 3 rather large donation boxes with toys from our small group. Last year we are invited other clubs. We were attempting to "Fill the Trailer". It was a very successful second year. The trailer wasn't full floor to ceiling, but it was filled up on the huge floor.

This year, we are going to once again invite other clubs to join us.

So please bring a new unwrapped toy for donation please. If you can't attend the day of and want to donate, you can bring a new unwrapped toy to any SSW Event between now and 12-03-2011

Drop off Point will be in Somerset, MA

Photo's from previous year's "Fun Run" Toy events.

CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OF THIS RUN!
MA ORV STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS RUN!

Attending:
1. TexsDream77
Tex does SSW require the OHV sticker for regular club runs? I tried to find info online from RMV about the stickers but had trouble. do they come from somebody else?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20

We haven't run any trails in MA that would require them under the current law as of yet. So we have not been required to get them. I believe the NEA and other groups are working with the state to amend the law but not sure where that stands. Assuming it stays in place and we run any of the private land trails we have access to in MA, I am guessing we will need them if we want to attend. Its really a day by day thing right now and, luckily, most of the better trails are not in MA anyway.

**And I don't mean to speak for Tex but Steve isn't as active online as some of us other work dodgers.....LOL!!
Hey Matt, thanks for the info. Like your term "work dodgers"... . Lol

Dave
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

OHV stickers are not required for this run because we are on a public road. Our club has avoided the private and town public lands that require the sticker so far. So, the sticker is a non-issue. If we do a run that requires the sticker, it would be in my opinion up to the driver to worry about the sticker or not. We don't check our members for current drivers licesence, registration, or insurance. It's a requirement for the club in writing to aviod the Clubs being liable. We are a very easy going club to belong to. Not too many rules. We don't have 50+ members. It's a small group of family friendly people who go wheeling once a month and help each other fix/build stuff. We also meet once a month for a Meet & greet type thing as well.

Quick Reply: "Toys for Tots" FUN RUN in Taunton, MA 12-03-2011 OPEN TO THE PUBLIC