Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

The wave

Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wave

This past weekend I was on Marthas Vineyard with my girlfriend. I decided to take my jeep over. There are a ton of them there and each jeep I passed while i was there I waved to. I think in all about 2 or 3 waved. Whats up with that. I know that the jeep renters don't know about the wave but the jeep owners should. Has this happened to you at all at any places.

Last edited by NCWTS66; 06-23-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Stop it now... you said it yourself they are all Jeep renters.... Unless they were modded or older you just know they were rentals on the island. You didn't mention the Jeeps in your Lowell area so I'm guessing you already know the answer to your question.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup.

Besides, even if they are Jeep owners, on the Vineyard, lots of snooty rich people who just don't wave. They're above it or whatever...
Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

x2 on all of the above, happened to me on Nantucket last summer, proly will happen again this summer. im only going to wave out there if someone else starts it
Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are a lot of people around here with Jeeps and just about all of the wave. It's like the saying goes, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

If any of you go to Block Island , you can wave at the 2 door jk's and 1 sahara the rest are yj's tj's and a few cj's , the 4 door jk's are all rental's well the ones with the 16' steel wheels anyway ,I know some people on the island and you don't wave back they give you the 1 finger wave as you pass by LOL, just a couple people will do this , they are rich as hell but far from snooty
Old 06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of curiousity, how much is it to take your jeep over to the vineyard? I was thinking about going over for a weekend with the girlfriend. I've lived in MA all my life, and have yet to take a trip over to the islands...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Out of curiousity, how much is it to take your jeep over to the vineyard? I was thinking about going over for a weekend with the girlfriend. I've lived in MA all my life, and have yet to take a trip over to the islands...
Come to think of it, I've never been up there either. I'll have to take a trip out there one of these days.

Originally Posted by mutton
If any of you go to Block Island , you can wave at the 2 door jk's and 1 sahara the rest are yj's tj's and a few cj's , the 4 door jk's are all rental's well the ones with the 16' steel wheels anyway ,I know some people on the island and you don't wave back they give you the 1 finger wave as you pass by LOL, just a couple people will do this , they are rich as hell but far from snooty
Speaking of Block Island, how much does it cost to bring your vehicle over there?

Last edited by Shadowman890; 06-26-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shadowman890
Come to think of it, I've never been up there either. I'll have to take a trip out there one of these days.

Speaking of Block Island, how much does it cost to bring your vehicle over there?

$135 round trip

http://web3.steamshipauthority.com/s...lay.cfm?Run=MV
Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

i live near the Cape not on it (thank god) But in my experiences not many waves once you cross those bridgesUnless its a moded or older Jeep.
I also brought my Jeep over earlier this year and just gave up after being snubbed 3 times in a row. Cool place the Vineyaaad,but most people driving Jeeps there just have no clue.

Quick Reply: The wave