Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

2011 Rubicon Unlimited on order

Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous, I just called for an update and I'm still in D status, with a estimated ship date of Jan 1!

PS: The woman I talked to said they're doing away with the 800-992-1997 and using 877-426-5337 from now on.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

@pleepleus - Did you order something on yours that was classified as "late availability?" Jan 1 seems like a long time out for anything that has current availability.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by STL-RUBI
@pleepleus - Did you order something on yours that was classified as "late availability?" Jan 1 seems like a long time out for anything that has current availability.
Not that I know of. We ordered a white Sport, 6 speed, soft top, half doors, upgraded speakers and rear diff, and tow package. We even have a VIN number. I'm not that surprised, this whole thing has been one frustration after another.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's your color choice. If you go to build a 2011 on Jeep.com, Stone White isn't even a current choice for Wrangler or Unlimited.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but being that they removed that color option from the site, I would venture that it's a pretty good guess that's what's holding up your build.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know, but we've been assured by our dealer and by Chrysler that white (they're calling it Bright White) is available. Then again, we're used to getting different answers from different people in the same company. I've decided to be optimistically stubborn and believe the answers I like.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I applaud your ability to be optimistically stubborn!

If I got yanked around like that, I'd cancel my order and go find a dealer that was willing to work with me - but that's just me being plain old stubborn
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

The other dealers we've talked to either say the same or try to sell us one that almost matches what we want. I think the blame's on Chrysler for this (or on us for wanting what we want).
Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've always though that American car companies (or any of the car companies that do business in the US) need to better acclimate to custom orders. I completely agree that for your money, you should get exactly what you want and not have to settle for something that's close. I've gone through the process of factory ordering my last 3 vehicles now, two through Ford and my Rubi through Jeep, and it's the process I prefer so I know that I'm spending my money on something that's truly what I want. But dealers need to find a better way to tell us, up front, an accurate delivery timeframe and any items on the order that may hold up delivery. There's a lot more that can be done there...

Best of luck!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Well, the weekend went by very fast for me. Mine was off loaded from the auto carrier at the dealer on Tuesday nite (12th). I was so busy since my wife was out of town at a teacher convention that I didn't even call and talk to the sales manager until the morning of the 14th when they opened. He told me it was ready to go and he was about to call me. 3 mins to run my credit and get several approvals. Got to pick a good rate, got a good deal on my trade and the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards discount (due to Tread Lightly) ... a few mins at the State Farm agent and it was ready to go.

Thing that sucked was I couldn't pick it up until Friday morning. I didn't sleep at all Thursday night!!!!!!!! The dealer I got it from was in a very small town some 60 + miles away from me (remember wife is out of town and I am watching the kids. I almost kept them out of school on Friday and took them with me!)

When I got to the dealer I couldn't find it on the lot... They took me to a locked parking garage where it was kept. It looked AWESOME! The inside looked no where as bad as the pictures from Jeep. The smell of leather was not what I was expecting. The leather is a very thick & durable leather, nothing like the soft stuff found in cars. I was very happy to see how rugged the seats were. I also liked the Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat, having only seen it on a piece of paper before I odered it I was unsure if I made the right choice. When I saw it, I was seachless... I made the right choice! To me, the Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat seems to be just a little lighter than the Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat. But I would like to see them side by side. I then went inside, reviewed the paperwork... signed and got my keys... Most of the time was spent waiting for him to run the paperwork through the printer! It was nice to have most of everything taken care of before I went to the dealer. It was much easier to "walk away" IF I had to (or just hang up the phone), in order to get the deal I wanted.

To make a long story short, when I picked up my Jeep it had 11 miles on it. I know the sales manager drove it a bit... Plus he told me there was two guys wanting to buy it and he had to tell them it was already sold!

So I went through the weekend and already have over 650 miles on her. In a few days I'll post my feelings about the changes. Until then enjoy some pictures of my new baby!

11 miles...

Pavement Ends... Nuff said

Expecting snow this weekend... bring it on, let it snow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8463.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	96345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8472.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	96346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8449.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	96347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8468.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	96348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8444.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	96350  

Last edited by rktman56; 10-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

VERY nice!

Can't wait to see some interior pics...

Quick Reply: 2011 Rubicon Unlimited on order