Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

2013 Jeep JK Rubicon. Saying hello. Need assistance.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon. Saying hello. Need assistance.

Evening everyone and I'm hoping someone will help me with coming up with some AEV Tabs for flat towing. We purchased the 13 JK Rubi in 2015. We upgraded a few things here and there and just got done doing a AEV front bumper premium install. A full 3.5" SC AEV lift is next.

We normally tow our vehicle...hoping someone has made up a file for the no longer available AEV tow tabs.

Thanks

Here's a few pics.

A trip to South Dakota Custer State Park, Badlands National Park, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore. Had a great time. Here is what Im looking for. Please no comments about our set up....it tows just fine. Lol!

Here are the tabs we are looking for. Hoping we don't havet to go back to a tow bar. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2023, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome to the forum... my best guess would be to go to a local machine shop and have them cut them for you. Or...call AEV and see if they have any laying around?
Old 01-09-2023, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update

Thanks for the update..

I called AEV engineering. I also called Blue Ox. Shared photos. According to their sources...they have never made tabs.

Any body have Any
Old 01-10-2023, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your pics come from this post, it seems they were custom made.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...bumper.142038/
Old 01-10-2023, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Considering those are essentially just thick flatstock with a couple holes drilled in em they should be super easy for someone to fabricate if you have a machine shop around. Since you're asking the question it's safe to presume you can't fabricate them yourself. What I would do in that situation is just make a cardboard template of what you need and take it to a shop and ask if they can make you a couple of each. You're not talking a shape that has to be exact, but between the bumper and the shape of the towbar attaching you should be able to form something really close out of cardboard to take in somewhere. Then you're just talking couple bolts and a couple spacers in between the flatstock.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Considering those are essentially just thick flatstock with a couple holes drilled in em they should be super easy for someone to fabricate if you have a machine shop around. Since you're asking the question it's safe to presume you can't fabricate them yourself. What I would do in that situation is just make a cardboard template of what you need and take it to a shop and ask if they can make you a couple of each. You're not talking a shape that has to be exact, but between the bumper and the shape of the towbar attaching you should be able to form something really close out of cardboard to take in somewhere. Then you're just talking couple bolts and a couple spacers in between the flatstock.
Thanks. It looks like that is the direction. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

This thread seems to have attracted the spammers and they can get relentless once attached to a specific thread for whatever reason. I don't think there's a whole lot more help we can provide to the OP so I'm going to close the thread to further posts. We can re-open it if requested.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon. Saying hello. Need assistance.