Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

2014 2-Door Red Willys Wheeler W with Mopar 2" Lift.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made the choice.

Smittybilt SRC bumper with the X2O Gen 2 12,000 winch and the Skyjacker sway bar disconnects. Oh, and KC Apollo series 55W fog lights to replace my factory fogs. Phase 1 complete.

I hope to have another 2 grand in the next month or less for phase 2. I have no idea what phase 2 is yet, I need to research. Maybe a rear bumper and tire carrier from Smittybilt to match the front and some under side armor. Maybe a front limited slip as well.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rig, I have a JKU that looks similar and have been considering the smittybilt src bumper, been waiting for the GEN 2 to come out with the fogs, but it keeps getting delayed. Where you able to wire the new kc fogs directly to the factory harness? And how do they compare to the factory fogs?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are similar, maybe a little better than the factory fogs. These are the KC Apollo series fog lights, basically the bottom line el'cheapo fogs. I think they were $120 or so.

I just took the KC harness that was in the box and cut the plugs off leaving about 5" off wire, then I cut the OEM plugs from the factory harness on the Jeep and soldered and shrink wrapped the KC plugs to the Jeep harness. Do this BEFORE you put the new bumper on and you'll have so much more room to work while soldering. I didn't, and had to work down behind the bumper and it made the job much harder than it needed to be.

Overall, I'm happy, but to do again I would likely find a brighter fog light that didn't equal the factory, but was much brighter. I was being cheap, what can I say?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 2-Door Red Willys Wheeler W with Mopar 2" Lift.