Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

After 10 months of trolling I got it!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpa jeep
Nice jeep just wondering why did you choose the 6 spd over the auto?
I know you were talking to the OP, just figured I'd give my $.02 on this being I just placed an order for a '12 JKU Rubi 6spd. My reasoning was:

1. If I'm buying something like a Jeep, I want to enjoy driving it. I felt like getting an auto would take the 'fun' out of it for me.
2. I test drove a set of 2012's back to back - auto, then manual, then auto, then manual again, rinse, repeat... and every time the manual was the clear winner for me in terms of fun factor. I really dig rowing through the gears while driving (it's second nature to me now).

It's really personal preference and how it's going to be used. In my case, I work from home and live on the outskirts of San Antonio, TX... so while I do get stuck in occasional traffic, I don't deal with a daily commute with bumper to bumper BS. The 2012 auto was a beautiful step in the right direction for the Wrangler... and nothing 'bad' about the auto made me go manual... I just really love the way I felt 'connected' while rowing through the gears.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MortuaR
Thanks - I can't wait to drive it! It hasn't even been 12 hours since I ordered it and I'm already going nuts.

That course looks like fun. How'd it wheel with the 6spd? Did you find the HSA helpful or more of a PITA ?
HSA was good pushing through it to get the jeep moving will take a little getting use to but when you get the feel for it its great. I used it on that hill 2 times near the bottom when I started to get wheel spin and stopped the jeep.

I am not sure exactly when the HSA works on the street I can stop on an incline and roll backwards but when I hit the brake a second time it sticks. In 4lo it seemed to work everytime I stopped the jeep.

Lockers - I hit a couple obsticles w/o the lockers and made it up. With lockers on the same obstical its easier.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pjohn
HSA was good pushing through it to get the jeep moving will take a little getting use to but when you get the feel for it its great. I used it on that hill 2 times near the bottom when I started to get wheel spin and stopped the jeep.

I am not sure exactly when the HSA works on the street I can stop on an incline and roll backwards but when I hit the brake a second time it sticks. In 4lo it seemed to work everytime I stopped the jeep.

Lockers - I hit a couple obsticles w/o the lockers and made it up. With lockers on the same obstical its easier.
Very awesome! Both my old JK's were X/Sport so I didn't have lockers... will need to get used to that.

On my 2011 it had HSA. It took me a while to figure out... but you have to stop fully on an incline - and it has to be enough of an incline to take effect. Odd that you're having to hit the brakes a second time. Maybe there is some sort of sensor that you're jarring/tilting when rollling back and stopping that's making it think the incline warrants HSA? Not a bad thing or a problem, just thinking outloud.... Oh - the HSA should work whether you're on an incline or decline as well, if I remember correctly.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Very awesome! Both my old JK's were X/Sport so I didn't have lockers... will need to get used to that.

On my 2011 it had HSA. It took me a while to figure out... but you have to stop fully on an incline - and it has to be enough of an incline to take effect. Odd that you're having to hit the brakes a second time. Maybe there is some sort of sensor that you're jarring/tilting when rollling back and stopping that's making it think the incline warrants HSA? Not a bad thing or a problem, just thinking outloud.... Oh - the HSA should work whether you're on an incline or decline as well, if I remember correctly.
Steeper inclines on the street it stick the first time. Small inclines it seems that I have to let it roll back and hit the brakes again to get it to work. I've only had it a week but this is my experiance this far.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know you were talking to the OP, just figured I'd give my $.02 on this being I just placed an order for a '12 JKU Rubi 6spd. My reasoning was:

1. If I'm buying something like a Jeep, I want to enjoy driving it. I felt like getting an auto would take the 'fun' out of it for me.
2. I test drove a set of 2012's back to back - auto, then manual, then auto, then manual again, rinse, repeat... and every time the manual was the clear winner for me in terms of fun factor. I really dig rowing through the gears while driving (it's second nature to me now).

It's really personal preference and how it's going to be used. In my case, I work from home and live on the outskirts of San Antonio, TX... so while I do get stuck in occasional traffic, I don't deal with a daily commute with bumper to bumper BS. The 2012 auto was a beautiful step in the right direction for the Wrangler... and nothing 'bad' about the auto made me go manual... I just really love the way I felt 'connected' while rowing through the gears.
I fill the same way...It seems like 90% of the jeeps out there now are autos I'm always happy/suprised to see manuals any more. So I get alittle curious to see why people pick manual with the status quo being auto. Ive owned 3 wrangler all manual and considered the auto when I bought my 2012 rubi but I just couldn't do it. Love my 6 spd.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Hsa

I think I figured out the HSA. Clutch out not in gear the jeep will roll in gear clutch depressed HSA works.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I couldn't stand the HSA on mine I had to turn it off
Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Got a box today.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120130_204739.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	272541  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Default Black Forest Green

With a nice camera and a little sun light I can capture the color

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	286132Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	286133Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	286134
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjohn
with a nice camera and a little sun light i can capture the color

[attach=config]286132[/attach][attach=config]286133[/attach][attach=config]286134[/attach]
hell yeah!!!

God i can't wait to see mine in actual sunlight, man i love that color.

Quick Reply: After 10 months of trolling I got it!!!