Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

ATL Newbie

Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATL Newbie

I just got my 2013 JK Rubicon 2 door about 2 weeks ago. Before this I was driving a 2005 Mercedes SLK350 so I'm going through a HUGE adjustment period. I had my Jeep modified by the dealer before delivery (Ed Voyles Jeep in Atlanta/Marietta was awesome about and with this, highly recommended). I kept the stock wheels (I think the Rubicon rims are sharp) but replaced the stock tires with 35" Goodyear Wranglers w/ Kevlar. I used the Rugged Ridge XHD bumpers on the front and back and added a 3.25" or 3.5" Rough County lift. The look of the car is perfect, exactly what I wanted (True Blue with Saddle leather interior). However, I'm still adjusting to how the car runs/drives which has prompted me to join this forum. I'm only getting 11-13 mpg (vs. 17-20 on the sticker) which everyone's been telling me is the added weight which is BS because I've done the math and I've only added about 300 lbs to the car. It's got to be due to the size of the tires. I knew my modification would reduce the fuel efficiency but not by +40%. Also I drive to our mountain home in NC almost every weekend and the car really doesn't seem to like driving north of 74-75 mph (even with a steering stablizer). Again this is probably due to the tires but I'm interested to hear other folks experiences. I love my new Jeep and I'm not complaining. I'm just here to hear about other peoples experiences and to see if there's anything I can do to improve my rigg's design. Thanks! Neal
Old 04-17-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it a auto and do u have stock gears?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why are you so worried about your CARS gas mileage when you have a jeep to drive?!?!?

Larger tire size & weight, driving habits, gearing, did the dealer recalibrate for the larger tires?,lots of factors play into gas mileage. If you really wanted window sticker mileage then you need to drive the exact vehicle outlined on the build sheet. Mileage get a little better after a few thousand mile but not much.

Quick Reply: ATL Newbie