Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Back in a Jeep

Old 03-22-2019, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in a Jeep

So I've been a Jeep guy forever, and this is my 7th CJ/TJ/JK variant. A couple weeks a got a new to me 2013 JK. It has the following: manual transmission, power group (which I'm still getting used to in a Jeep) aftermarket wheels with 31" tires, side steps, dual tops, s-pod running a water pump in the rear bumper?, and some other odds and ends. It's been great so far and my kids love being back in a Jeep

My Jeep will be my daily driver, and also see some off road action on small trails, getting to fishing, hunting, camping spots, and used to carry a kayak or two every now and then. I don't have plans to lift it or put super large tires on it, just because I don't think I'd use it. The only mods I'm planning are different bumpers f&r, a winch,a cargo rack/cage, and maybe some skids since I don't plan on lifting it.

Now I'll see if I can upload some pics. Right now I'm getting an "Aw Snap" error when I try to upload
Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Welcome! If you're not going to do any major wheelin or playing in big rocks, you're probably good just adding an oil/tranny skid for some peace of mind. The factory TC skid is fine for the most part. The gas tank "skid" really is just more of a "hanger" for the gas tank itself, but for your purpose is probably just fine. It just dents easily coming down on big boulders, which doesn't sound like you're type of thing anyhow. You might look to relocate the evap canister just so it doesn't get snagged on something. There are some simple kits out on the market.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, Im new here to but seems good thus-far!

Quick Reply: Back in a Jeep