Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Best 2-3" JKU Overlanding suspension setup

Old 03-14-2018, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 2-3" JKU Overlanding suspension setup

I am curios to get everyone's opinion on the best 2-3" JKU suspension setup on a daily driver to: run a 35" tire and to be used for camping, overlanding, highways and light rock crawling. A lot of what I do requires driving long stretches of rutted out washboard roads and tracked desert passes.I like to carry a good amount of heavy gear i.e.: tools, recovery equipment, fridge, kids, dog, and sometimes my wife! Mostly concerned about ride quality, reliability and ease, or complete lack of, maintenance and the suspension being able to handle the heavy loads and not sagging or squatting.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

hard to beat an AEV 3.5" for what you describe
Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would look at metal cloak but coils that can handle added weight will either be high coil rates with poor ride quality when not loaded or some kind of adjustable set up like a coil over or the JKS ACOS that lets you compensate for the added weight when you need it. One other option is air bags. These issues would apply to any lift that uses coils and you are not going to find anything that is automatic except for a fancy air bag system.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I forgot to mention I will be running Bushwacker flat fenders and would like to keep the center of gravity as low as possible (LOC).

Quick Reply: Best 2-3" JKU Overlanding suspension setup