Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

From CJ to JK - Greetings from Germany

Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From CJ to JK - Greetings from Germany

Greetings from Germany to all of you. After some years of Jeep sobriety I am on the hook again.
Starting jeepin´with CJ 5, 7s and XJ 20 year ago, I am now back with a 2012 JK Mountain Edition (2,8 CRD, Auto).
Since some weeks I am in the process of upgrading and tayloring the rig to my needs and style. The car is a daily driver and we not have many, almost none, options of legal offroading. So the setup will remain street-oriented (no lift or MT tires).
Another strong reason for the modest modifications is the very strict regualations to remain street-legal. Making changes, e.g. from 31" to 33" tires requires individual assessment and certification from the authorities (TUV). This costs time, nerves and €€
Cutting of fender or using super narrow bumpers, 4" lifts etc - absolute No Go´s over here.

When I have something to say or show - you will be the first to know.

As of Today. More mods to come. Was a Mountain edition when purchased.

Last edited by tabasco; 09-26-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Pic
Old 09-24-2018, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome aboard. I certainly would like to have your engine versus my 3.8L petrol engine. Wow that stinks, you have to have your vehicle modifications approved by the local authorities. Well if you ever make your way to Colorado and want to off road feel free to send a message. There are quite a few places here that rent JKs for off-roading.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to Jk-Forum! Wow having those strict regulations is no fun...
Old 10-04-2018, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Fellow Jeepers here in Stuttgart. You're not military, huh? Had no problems getting through inspection, but I went on base, too. I'm with a couple groups on Facebook that are pretty active. They go wheeling about once a month. Let me know if interested. Not sure where exactly you're located.

Quick Reply: From CJ to JK - Greetings from Germany