Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Death Wobble in CT...

Old 07-14-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Death Wobble in CT...

Hello all... New here to the forums... Im currently on the 3rd Wrangler of my life... Its a 2008 Unlimited with as far as I know no mods to the suspension... Ive never experienced DW until about 3-4 months back...

Ive been experiencing some Death wobbles for the last few months and my research has led me here... My DW occurs only at highway speeds 55+ and is always set off by large bumps and will not stop until the Jeep is virtually at a stop... After some major reading here the last few days I ordered up the Grade 8 bolt kit from Northridge as well as a Bilstein steering stabilizer yesterday...

Now I guess my question is: Can anyone recommend a good shop/ home wrencher here in CT to have these parts swapped out and have the rest of the suspension looked over? I know there is a step by step thread here about fixing DW but I don't have the tools or other resources I would need currently...

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

EVB in Danbury...they are great...

Good luck!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cg42
EVB in Danbury...they are great...

Good luck!
Gonna look them up now... thank you...
Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deathwobblesux
hello all... New here to the forums... Im currently on the 3rd wrangler of my life... Its a 2008 unlimited with as far as i know no mods to the suspension... Ive never experienced dw until about 3-4 months back...

Ive been experiencing some death wobbles for the last few months and my research has led me here... My dw occurs only at highway speeds 55+ and is always set off by large bumps and will not stop until the jeep is virtually at a stop... After some major reading here the last few days i ordered up the grade 8 bolt kit from northridge as well as a bilstein steering stabilizer yesterday...

Now i guess my question is: Can anyone recommend a good shop/ home wrencher here in ct to have these parts swapped out and have the rest of the suspension looked over? I know there is a step by step thread here about fixing dw but i don't have the tools or other resources i would need currently...

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance...
we can, we're in stamford ct

Quick Reply: Death Wobble in CT...