Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

First Jeep - 2008 2 Door Rubicon

Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Jeep - 2008 2 Door Rubicon

Hey guys,

My name is Scott and I am from the St. Louis area.

I think today is the day I will finally close on a flame red 2008 2 Door Rubicon in a 6 speed manual. It has 27k miles on it and is stock.

I have been reading a lot on here and I know there are threads for all of this stuff, but oh well.

I plan on lifting it and putting 35s on asap. I currently work at a place where I can get tires and wheels at whole sale price so this is why I want to do this stuff first. I won't work here anymore after mid may.

I was thinking a 3 inch teraflex lift or the 3.5 RC. I know the teraflex is better, but more expensive, and lots of room to grow. I'd like to start off with the right, good stuff.
I also plan on putting this on myself.

I then plan on getting 15 inch Level 8 trackers in matte black with 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 tires.

Sound like a solid start?

Also, I can currently powdercoat anything I want for the next month or so, at work. Do you guys recommend taking any stock stuff off and powdercoating it? I would like to use this resource while I still have it.

I will post pics later today if I get to take it home, couldn't be more excited!

Quick Reply: First Jeep - 2008 2 Door Rubicon