Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Flickering Oil and Check engine light - the dinging!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flickering Oil and Check engine light - the dinging!

Going crazy! Have a 2015 Rubicon that I just trussed the front axle, replaced ball joints, steering stabilizer, and a bunch of other bits. Put it all back together and now the check engine light and the oil light flicker while I drive. It also has the warning dinging going constantly and when it does this the tach also dips (its a manual). It is not throwing any codes, and will not stop. I had problems in the past with my sway bar disconnect (got wet) so I cleared that code after cleaning it out. Could this be a bad battery? Checked lots of connections and at wits end...... help......
Old 09-27-2022, 04:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Safe to assume you pulled the axle out to weld the truss on or at least disconnected the battery if not? Just trying to eliminate any idea that have been welding on the vehicle with battery connected.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Yup, took it all apart and welded on the bench, disconnected the battery during as well. Took the battery to Napa this morning and tester said its good. Try and chase more wires today and maybe do a battery swap if that fails....
Old 09-27-2022, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

I retraced all the stuff that has been done and sure enough that cheap rats nest that is the electronic controller for the sway bar disconnect. Cleaned it up and plugged back in and problem gone. I really need to replace that system....
The following users liked this post:
Sunnysideup (09-29-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

thanks for the followup. That harness is the source of so many odd issues.

Quick Reply: Flickering Oil and Check engine light - the dinging!