Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

FNG with a new Unltd!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG with a new Unltd!

Hey pavement haters. New Guy here.

Just took delivery of a new Sport Unlimited 6-speed w/ 3.73 gears, hard top and Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 305/65s on ProComp 17" 8096 wheels.

Have always had the bug for a Jeep, but lifestyle/business commitments and other factors have kept me from it over the years. However with the introduction of the JK Unltd a few years back, I couldn't hold back any longer.

Years ago I was up to my fenders in silt in my Toyota Tundra - stuck for three hours when a CJ came hopping along, threw me a line and pulled me out in 10 seconds flat. Not that I wasn't a believer before, but there's nothing quite like being on the receiving end of a miracle to bring about total conversion.

I'm much more of a sports car guy and it's going to be an interesting transition from my '05 Lotus Elise (one of the quickest cars available to mere mortals) to the Wrangler Unltd (one of the slowest vehicles I've EVER driven). Nonetheless, I think the 6-speed will take any potential frustration out of it (I don't expect this to perform like a sports car - I just want it to be able to hustle itself up a freeway ramp and comfortably hold normal highway speeds for the 1-2 hour journey to the fun stuff).

I love the bare bones nature of the Jeep - surprisingly not unlike the Lotus, which (for the uninitiated) is the most barrenly appointed purist sports car you can buy. It (the Jeep) will be my daily driver and the only thing on the market these days that mixes practicality with 'I WANT to drive it' fun.

All for now.

Cheers,
Eric
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2946.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	36548  

Quick Reply: FNG with a new Unltd!