Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

FNG post

Old 09-14-2019, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG post

Hello everyone I just bought my first Jeep a 2009 X with a hard top. I try my best to read the forums when I need to know how to fix something or find out what common problems are so that I can be prepared when something happens. Attached is a pic of my new ride with sun faded fenders.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Good looking Jeep!

I've have had very good luck with Armorall Trim and Plastic Restorer. Ignore the instructions, lather it in super thick. Takes about a half a bottle to do a whole Jeep (hardtop included). Wait a couple of days and then use the other half of the bottle. Black plastic will be back looking like new, or very close to it.

After that a good coat like once a year-ish, will keep the plastic looking good.

Last edited by tjkamp; 09-14-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I had the same problem, I found Back to Black made by Mothers in spray can form..Did all of the outside plastic and my hard top I added. Only prep I did was scrub the plastic with a brush and soapy water. Sprayed with the Mothers let it sit for a few minutes and buff off. I am very pleased with the results.

The following users liked this post:
LC Boyer (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys I will give it a try this week. My wife swears by Mothers products for car care so I will poke around in the garage and see what she has stashed on her shelf.

Quick Reply: FNG post