Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Forum lurker stepping into the light

Old 12-30-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum lurker stepping into the light

Well I've been lurking in the unregistered background on the forum here for a little while now... just soaking up info, and enjoying pictures;
I guess I figured it was about dang time to create an account.

A guy in a lifted white U I ran into at a local (Newport) gas station originally mentioned the site to me after talking jeep. If you see this... I'm really bad with names man. Sorry.

A little background on me:
My name's Josh (cause you couldn't guess right), and I'd consider myself an all around auto enthusiast.
I have owned Jeeps in the past (slapped together 4.2 YJ and 01 TJ); but I've had all kinds of toys... a 70 Dart, a couple NA miatas, honda street bikes, a lifted tacoma, a second gen RX7, etc. Guess I'd say I'm a fan of almost everything motorized.

How I came to purchase my JK:
I had cooled off on messing with cars after moving to New England a few years ago (from VA). I'd moved extremely close to work, and didn't even really Need a vehicle anymore. Add to that; living downtown, without a garage, and the grocery getter doing us fine... I had plenty of excuses Not to have toys anymore. But after getting the opportunity to drive a good friends JKU (both on-road and off) for a few days my interest was again piqued.

So.... We went on down to the dealership and got a great price a used 2012 JK with 6k on it. I even managed to keep it stock for about 500 miles

My Jeep so far:
2012 Bright Silver 2dr Auto (wanted the 6 speed, but got a deal I couldn't pass up)
The only mods so far are:
*2.5 Teraflex coil lift (85% of my wheeling these days seems to only consist of lame gravel access roads, with the occasional really crappy fire road)
*Old Man Emu nitro shocks (owned them previously, and was impressed.. for the price)
*Black 17" MT Classics
*35x12.5 Goodyear MTR/Kevlar
*Flashcal (obvious reasons)
*Slush mats, grab handles, other interior junk

Also have (not installed)
*Superwinch w/ synthetic line (have to decide on a front bumper)
*Banks CAI (given to me, but it's for a 3.8 so I'll probably never use it)

I'd like to get soon:
*Flat fenders
*and a rear bumper with a tire carrier, so I can carry the full-size spare

Little Bonus info on me:
My other Hobbies are Mountain biking in the summer, target shooting (which I'm admittedly no good at), and messing around with RC trucks/crawlers.
Yes... the OL says I'm pretty much a man-child.

Unfortunately I don't have any cool pics of my jeep; but if you see this thing putt'n around New England give me a wave..

Old 12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also a major street bike nut Welcome to the JK-Forum Josh

Quick Reply: Forum lurker stepping into the light