Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Future newbie in CO

Old 07-03-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future newbie in CO

Hey everyone, I'm Derrick. Looking at getting a new JK 4 dr Rubicon Unlimited here in the next few weeks and figured I'd look into what all I can do to the beast in the meantime. This site looks like its full of wonderful ideas and sweet rigs to model mine after. Just cant decide on which color to get since I like so many of them. Leaning towards the Natural Green and Mango Tango so far. Thinking about having the dealer install the 4" lift and 35" KM2's there since it'll all be covered under the warranty if it's done by them but still tinkering around with that idea.

I'm in the Air Force at Peterson AFB in the Springs if there are any locals around as well. Thanks and looking forward to wheeling with some of you down the line.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

just placed my down my deposit on a 2011 JKU Rubicon Mango Tango. 4" lift, 35" MTR's, Dynomax Catback exhaust and Air Raid CAI will be mounted shortly after I recieve the JK this friday. So excited!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats. Love the mango. Make sure to post some pics.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Look what followed me home today

Ordered lift, tires, wheels, front/rear bumpers, winch, CAI and exhaust today as well
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0470.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	184751  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

welcome!

Looks like your rig will be coming along nicely! quite a few of us in The Springs.
What bumpers did you go with?

Also check out militaryjeepers.com. the Colorado Sprigns Chapter has a good representation on JKs and wheel together at least twice a month.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Front bumper I ordered the Rugged Ridge XHD Winch Mount shorty. Rear I ordered OR-Fab Swing a way tire carrier and OR-Fab Rock Slider bumper. Winch I got Smittybilt XRC 10 Comp w/synthetic rope. 35" KM2's mounted on AEV Pintler Argent's.

Yep, on MJ since I have a few friends already on there.

Quick Reply: Future newbie in CO