Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Got my JK for a South to West adventure

Old 02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my JK for a South to West adventure

Hey all-

I got my JK a few months ago and immediately took it out for a cross-country trip from my home in NC to CA, visiting the Tetons and Yellowstone on the way. Then on the way back I stopped by Moab to baptize the Jeep so to speak. I feel like every Jeep has to make the journey to the 4x4 Mecca in order to really be a Jeep. I tried to take it off-road as much as possible but still haven't had my fill. As you all know, stock JK tires SUCK and I already got three flats. Two of them happened on the pavement.

We don't have many places to go Jeeping around Chapel Hill, but I'm looking to move out West sometime in next couple years. I'm hoping to go back to Moab this fall.

I'm a triathlete and trail runner and got the JK so that nothing stops me from getting to the most remote trailheads I can find, and so far it's been a ton of fun exploring the US in this awesome vehicle. Glad that there's a community of people that love them too.

I'm also a graphic designer/photographer and LOVE the JK project/forum logo. My friends think that the Jeep came with that sticker on there. Props to whoever came up with that design!

If anyone is interested you can check out the adventures I had during the first few months with the JK at blog.designbyduncan.com. My first blog post is from a few weeks after I bought the Jeep.

Quick Reply: Got my JK for a South to West adventure