Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from Canada

Old 04-11-2019, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Canada

Hello everyone,

Sorry (how Canadian) but I made a couple posts prior to this intro....!

I am a cheap bastard that thankfully has some lightweight fabrication skills to scratch my Jeep modding itch! I have done some homemade sliders, front bumper, hi-lift mount, cb mount and other assorted dodads on my '11 JKU and am looking forward to taking part in the forums.

My current project is to rebuild a '08 5.7 hemi (valve seat drop, bought it as a core) put the getrag 238 behind it and then cram it into the jeep...all on the cheap, like super cheap....we'll see how it goes and as soon as I have enough interesting pictures, you guys will too!

Dan
Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Welcome! Sounds like an interesting project project on your hands there. One nice thing about self proclaimed "cheap" fabricators, sometimes they see different solutions to issues that others don't. Don't feel shy chiming in with your opinion on things. This forum is always in need of more active participants.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try and bring over my other build threads for the bumper, sliders, etc.....I was a member of a smaller local forum that has kind of slowed down lately. Hopefully some of the pretty pics can encourage someone to pick up the sawzall themselves!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Sounds like a Huge job! I tinker with a few homemade parts too... but very limited skills... lol.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Dang! Sounds like a great project. Post up some pictures of your homemade gear. That's always cool to see.

Quick Reply: Hello from Canada