Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from the Cape Fear

Old 02-25-2023, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the Cape Fear

I'm new to the forum but a longtime Jeep lover and multiple time owner. I've sold off my various Jeeps, but always seem to come back to them. Most recently, my bride and I decided to upgrade from our travel trailer to a Class B+ motorhome, so we sold off my '18 F150 and trailer and bought this:

A 2019 Dynamax Isata 3. I realized we needed at TOAD (towed behind vehicle), and it had to be flat-towable, so the perfect candidate is a Wrangler! Enter this:

My new to me 2014 Wrangler Sahara, 6MT equipped (I don't do automatics in fun cars). Of course some light off-roading is in order, especially during our travels. As I mentioned, I'm a former Jeep owner.

First off was a '53 CJ-3A (no pics, sorry). No top, basically 2 seats and a lot of fun tooling around town and on trails around my hometown. Didn't keep her long- sure wish I had.

Second- a 1985 CJ-7, 4.2L/5MT.

Man, I sure wish I had this CJ back. She was awesome, but family life intervened and I had to let her go.

20 years later, I re-entered Jeep life with this:

2005 Wrangler SE. TJ's are awesome, but I never warmed up to the 2.4L Neon/PT Cruiser engine. Sold her and bought a Mazda RX-8.

Fast forward 6 years later, and I got this:

2004 Columbia Edition, 4.0L/5MT. Another great TJ, but the urge to get a Corvette got the best of me and I sold it to buy a C5 Corvette convertible. I regretted that decision- not that I didn't enjoy Corvette life, just didn't like that particular one. Too many electrical gremlins.

Anyway, I'm back in a Jeep and "plan" to stay there (hell, who knows with me!)

My sons are Jeep fans too. My oldest daily drives a '01 Wrangler SE, 2.5L/5MT equipped:

My youngest is Jeep through and through, although not Wranglers. He has:

'81 J-10. She looks solid here, but she's a rusty ol' gal. He's currently building her into a dedicated off-road beast.

His first-a '98 XJ that he converted from 2WD to 4WD and auto to AX-15 5MT. He wheels this one quite a bit, and daily drives it to work.

'86 Comanche. He picked this up for $1000- non running, got it home and got her running in about an hour. 2WD/5MT, he intends to 4WD convert it and then, who knows?

Old 02-25-2023, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome to JKF, Good friendly group much knowledge here. Impressive Jeep Career/History. Nice Set UP; and friendly reminder double check the transfer case being in Neutral too but you know that.
The following users liked this post:
rjs2005 (02-26-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome! The JK should be a great addition to that long fleet of Jeeps!
The following users liked this post:
rjs2005 (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Welcome. Best one I had was a rebuilt 1949 CJ2A with Chev Nova 153 cube 4 banger in it, posi front and rear, 5.38 gears on Dana 30's. Almost invincible. Wish I still had it. Looks like yours outnumber my Jeeps as the one now is #2.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

Welcome from GA!
Old 03-02-2023, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF, Good friendly group much knowledge here. Impressive Jeep Career/History. Nice Set UP; and friendly reminder double check the transfer case being in Neutral too but you know that.
Yep, I've already put a note on the center of the motorhome's steering wheel to check that again before I move.

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Welcome. Best one I had was a rebuilt 1949 CJ2A with Chev Nova 153 cube 4 banger in it, posi front and rear, 5.38 gears on Dana 30's. Almost invincible. Wish I still had it. Looks like yours outnumber my Jeeps as the one now is #2.
That sounds like it would've been a lot of fun. My CJ3A was pretty much stock, save for some black-painted wider steelies and 30" tires. It still had the "Go Devil" flathead 4 and 3spd BW T90. Never really did any serious off-roading in it, mainly local trails and tooling around town. BTW- I checked again on the year, and I was off by one- it was a '52. The CJ-3B with the Hurricane engine replaced the 3A in '53- uglier (in my opinion), but better all the way around (or so I hear).

Quick Reply: Hello from the Cape Fear