Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from Colorado!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hello from Colorado!

I currently have a 1997 TJ that I'm trying to sell, and I ordered a 2010 JK last week. I do TrailDamage.com so you may have seen my Jeep before: http://www.traildamage.com/members/monica/

I cleaned up the TJ and made it look good, so now I can't wheel it anymore. That means I'm basically without a Jeep for a few months until the new one shows up. So I'll be riding along with people for the first part of the summer. Then I'm going to make up for lost time later in the season.

I'm actually pretty excited to have a "smaller" Jeep again. When my TJ was small it was pretty underequipped (3.07 gears, no lockers, etc.) but this time my small Jeep will be a Rubicon. I'm looking forward to being stuck again and having to find my lines through the rocks. Having a bigger Jeep isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm completely new to the JK even though I know the TJ very well. I'm excited to start learning and buying everything again (skid plates, bumpers, etc.). This seems like a great group of people!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

It is a great group of ppl! Welcome to the forum. There are numerous experts and newbs to help fit your new jk!,,,,
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome, Monica! My hubby and I use traildamage pretty often. It is a very useful page...especially, since we've only been in CO for a year and a half now! Goodluck on the sale of your TJ, and a purchase on a JK! We had a '99 TJ that we sold to build up the JK. It's always fun starting new.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

So do you ever miss your TJ? I must admit I'm pretty emotionally attached to the thing even though it's "just a car." I've been wheeling in it for 11 years and I know I'm going to be sad to see it go.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OffroadGirl
So do you ever miss your TJ? I must admit I'm pretty emotionally attached to the thing even though it's "just a car." I've been wheeling in it for 11 years and I know I'm going to be sad to see it go.
I miss the TJ quite a bit, as it was going to be my rig and the JK my hubby's, but I do like being with the family in the JK. As far as the ride quality and the overall capability, I like the JK more. If I were to get my own rig right now, I would choose the JK over the TJ!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Cool, I wasn't sure there were many Colorado people here! I've spent many years on Colorado4x4.org (mostly lurking lately) but I was looking for a group that was more JK-specific. The deadline to order a 2010 model has passed and apparently the configuration I ordered was a weird one, so I should get one of the last ones like it (if not the last one).

I'm also switching from a manual transmission in the TJ to an automatic in the JK. I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to wheel all over again. Exciting! I'd give just about anything to go back to those fun days of figuring it all out and getting stuck all the time.

I'm going to go completely insane waiting for the new Jeep.

Quick Reply: Hello from Colorado!