Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from the Hampton, VA

Old 03-09-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the Hampton, VA

Hello all! I'm new to the Jeep world but not to the modding world and not to forums. I recently sold my 2009 G8 GT to get something more practical for me. I loved the High HP LS powered world. With that being said, this is what I'm stepping out of...

I am going to be looking in the Jeep Recycle forum and trying to find something that I really want. I've been doing quite a bit of research lately and I'm ready to pull the trigger on the right JK! If you got something for sale that is not radically modded (I'll save that for myself ) Shoot me a PM!

And for all you guys that have been here a while... I am proficient at using the "Search" function!

-Jimmy
Old 03-09-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the JK-Forum Jimmy
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

I was just in the market to move mine not too long ago but I'm pretty certain I'm keeping it now. Welcome from the same area (Chesapeake though)
Old 03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the welcome guys! Karls... Any good groups in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome ,have fun finding your jeep and emptying your wallet. But we all here would not have it any other way.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

There are a few groups in the area but some aren't bright folks that I would associate myself with and there are others who are snoody. There's KMA offroad, Hampton Roads Jeep Club, Middle Peninsula Jeep Association, No BS just jeeps, etc. Again- I'm not in any of them for various reasons with the foremost being that I don't have time to be committed to a club the way they like you to.

Are you looking for a 2dr or 4dr? There are a few for sale and if you know what you're looking for then that can narrow your search a bit. If I can be of help, let me know.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Looking for a 2dr. Test drove a 4dr on Saturday. Liked it... But? Looking at the 2012 Crush colored JK at Pomoco in Newport News today. 16k miles listed at 24.1k. It's unmolested and practically brand new. May have aftermarket rims... I haven't seen them on any of the stock Jeeps I have seen. I also Tried contacting a couple of guys on autotrader. No luck there. If Pomoco will get where I want to be... I'll prolly pull the trigger on it today!

Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with your search, When I bought my jeep I went to pretty much all the dealerships around the area here, and I have to say that Hall in Virginia Beach def treated me the best.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

So the trip to Pomoco was a bust. They ended up at 24k as their bottom line. It is a fair price (for a dealer) but the sales department... We'll just say it was weird... The sales manager yelled at our salesman in front of us. I guess that just wasn't meant to be. Karl's, I just looked at your ad and was going to PM you then I realized that you had replied to this thread. Lol. Alex, I was out there on Saturday... They were slammed! The three jeeps they had on Wednesday were sold by the time I got there at 230. Still looking!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bother with greenbrier jeep. I tried dealing with them. A-Holes......
I picked mine up in Manassas. Great dealer!

Quick Reply: Hello from the Hampton, VA