Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from PA

Old 03-16-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from PA

Greetings from another Jeep freak. When I was a kid, I built jeeps in my dreams. Soon I graduated to Legos. After exausting the "Lego aftermarket" and making enough coin to buy a real jeep, I bought a 47 Willys when I was 14. That Jeep introduced me to bloody nuckles, swap meets, MANY a farmer (parts in the pasture) and a whole bunch of bad ideas that didn't kill me-or my passengers at the time. It was never legal and hardly ever left the swamp. The good news is that it is now a nice 10 footer that my nephew is slowly restoring.
My first road vehicle was a 71 Commando that I spent a year in the garage massaging into something I was proud of. This Jeep made it on the road and I don't think the 225 V6 ever cooled off. Many a night that thing would be loaded with the wrestling team and looking for trouble. This is when I found out that the further away you drive, the longer the walk home LOL. I loved that old thing and the memories I made in it.
After that was destroyed I went through several trucks and a few more "flatties" Then I calmed down enough to get a 94 YJ. I met my wife while extricating IT from a river that wouldn't release its grip on me. I sold it to finance an open bar at our wedding and cried myself to sleep a lot after that.

With the wife came horses and, with the horses came a trailer to pull and a truck to go with it. Always missed "My Jeep" though. A few job changes later, a daughter and the realization that horses were put on the earth to keep the middle class poor lead to an empty barn and a desparate need for therapy. Got a Suzuki Samurai given to me so I rebuilt it and ran that for 2 years-not a Jeep but, really cheap to build and a lot of fun. This just fed the need for a jeep so the Truck, Trailer and Tack got sold and I geared up for a new Jeep. At that time I test drove an early JK and was really let down- bump steer, and ZERO power compared to my old 94 with 4.0L. I waited.

Last year I heard about the Pentastars and took a test drive-SOLD! Since then I started tweaking it and I'm pretty close to where I want to be. It's a never ending cycle- Buy, build, tweak and repeat. Looking forward to the next cycle.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the JK-Forum
Old 03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here too from outside Philly..