Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello Peoples

Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Peoples

Hey there. Just dropping a line to introduce myself. My name is Jake, and I am a Jeep addict.

I have had several Jeeps over the last few years (3 Comanches, 2 Cherokees, 1 YJ, 1 TJ and a ZJ Grand Cherokee) but I haven't gotten a JK yet. I am dieing to pick up an Unlimited but that freaking motor has been keeping me from doing it.

I love everything else about the JK, suspension, interior, ride yada yada yada but that dagnabbit motor will be the death of me. My old boss had an '07 on 37s (with the Rubicon Express LA kit) and it was wicked! Just couldn't get out of it's own way.

Anyhow, I currently have 1 MJ (that had a nasty interior fire back in June) and the 96 ZJ. I keep threatening to get rid of the ZJ for a JK but I think I might murder someone if I switched from the 5.2L monster to that puny V6.

That's enough rambling for now! I'm just waiting for Jeep to get their head out of their butt and put a V8 in the JK so I don't have to think about spending the tens of thousands of dollars to do it myself. I am also really interested in the alleged JK based truck that might (probably not) come out.

--Jake
Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the forum Jake! You'll love the support from other members on here, great people
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Jake, good to meet you. I couldn't agree more about the engine. What I did was bolt-on a RIPP SuperCharger and changed the gears. It runs like it should now. It feels and drives like a V8 engine. It has torque to spare, plenty of power and can pull a 3500 lbs trailer without a problem.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jake
Welcome from another new member. I did pull the trigger on the JK but as I don't have a pit pass to the Indy 500 it doesn't seem to be much of a problem for me yet.

Quick Reply: Hello Peoples