Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hopefully soon to be jeep owner!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully soon to be jeep owner!

Hey all,
TNWoodsman here. I was bitten by the Jeep bug and now can't wait to find the one I want.
I am new to Jeeps so I am in the learning/researching phase. I am looking for the Jeep that I want and hoping to find one for sale already modded to my liking. Feel free to respond to me if you know where that Jeep exists! Please make comments and recommendations on what I think I want...I might be confused.

I am looking for a 2012 or 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition in True Blue...this much is certain. I am hoping to find one already modded: 3.5 inch lift, 35" tires. I like the stock Freedom rims and want to stay with that Gray look. From my understanding, a lift over 2.5" is not required for 35" tires, I get that. Also, over 2.5" and I really need to think about replacing the front and rear drive shafts for something stronger...and that it is only a matter of time before they gave out above a 2.5" life. I read about Adams brand front and rear drive shafts for $695 that had good reviews. So if my knowledge is correct, that Jeep that I am after will have had the front and rear drive shafts replaced to handle the 3.5" lift. I am looking for the 3.73 gearing with the limited slip rear differential. Those are my desired options.

Finally: What is my goal? This is going to be mostly a daily driver for me with some limited, mild to moderate off roading at best. Since I have not purchased this car yet, my options can change and I could be convinced that I need or don't need some of the above options. Thanks for reading. I look forward to learning on the forums.

TNWoodsman
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive seen dealer lifted jeeps with 4 inch lifts with the stock driveshafts , how long they will last is anybodys guess for the street maybe ok for awhile . ck it out good . and also its not a car , truck or suv . its a jeep . nothing else lol . some guys here will flame you for that jus sayin . and WAVE when you get it dude !
Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer options

If I can't find the Jeep I want, and I am forced to order mine, what options are deal breakers and what options aren't worth it?

Option in contest:
1. 3.73 gears/limited slip axle
2. Alpine audio system
3. the Freedom edition...comes with painted fender flares, uconnect, and the different cloth/leather seats. It seems a step between the sport and sahara. I also LOVE the look of the grey rims and front slot fender...its a 2 tone look
4. If not the Freedom edition, the Sahara model with the black hard top but painted color matched fender flares.
5. heated seats...don't really need them...its a JEEP. but anyone have them and LOVE them when its cold outside?

Please advise and if I left something out that you think I need to consider getting, let me know.

Quick Reply: Hopefully soon to be jeep owner!