Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Howdy! New to forum here!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy! New to forum here!

Hello all.

I have a 2011 JK Unlimited 4 door. I got the towing package (3.73 axle ratio). This is my third Jeep, and second Wrangler. I had an 05 Wrangler 2 door, but sold it years ago after a frustrating trip to Sam's Club in '06 when the gas prices were rediculous. I replaced it with a Pacifica, which my wife inherited when I bought a Jeep Compass... which I despised the entire time I owned it. I finally indulged myself when I got out of the military and got a great paying job, buying a REAL jeep.

I'm not a gear head by any far stretch of the imagination, though it's a skill set I'd really like to acquire. The only modification I have yet to make was mounting a RotoPax 3 gal aux tank on the spare tire. I am, however, having a MOPAR tranny cooler installed soon. I have some technical questions I'll save for the tech forums. Anyways, I thought I'd join this forum after reading a bit and seeing how much there is to learn.

Thanks for having me.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off welcome. Second I wasnt a gear head at the start either but with the help from this forum im slowly getting there. As for the tranny cooler there's cheaper ways to go about that just look up in the search tranny coolers & you'll get tons of different posts. Its not a hard install either. Just start looking on here & you'll find plenty of stuff to help you with modding you new jeep
Old 05-19-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Welcome!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Siegmund
Hello all.

I have a 2011 JK Unlimited 4 door. I got the towing package (3.73 axle ratio). This is my third Jeep, and second Wrangler. I had an 05 Wrangler 2 door, but sold it years ago after a frustrating trip to Sam's Club in '06 when the gas prices were rediculous. I replaced it with a Pacifica, which my wife inherited when I bought a Jeep Compass... which I despised the entire time I owned it. I finally indulged myself when I got out of the military and got a great paying job, buying a REAL jeep.

I'm not a gear head by any far stretch of the imagination, though it's a skill set I'd really like to acquire. The only modification I have yet to make was mounting a RotoPax 3 gal aux tank on the spare tire. I am, however, having a MOPAR tranny cooler installed soon. I have some technical questions I'll save for the tech forums. Anyways, I thought I'd join this forum after reading a bit and seeing how much there is to learn.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! You'll find tons of useful info here and helpful, like-minded folks. Take advantage of the write-ups here and Project-JK.com. If you need help with something, ask.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum! There is a bunch of great advise in here.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Howdy! New to forum here!