Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

I'm A New JK Owner

Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm A New JK Owner

Hello all, I am about to be the proud owner of a new 2008 Wrangler X, black, hence the screen name obviously. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone as I am new here. Several months back a buddy of mine, who also posts here, bought an 07 Wrangler and when he brought it to work I took an interest in it. I started doing some research on the new Jeeps as this one was obviously a little different from previous models. It seemed a little larger to me and as we all know, sure enough Jeep has made them wider. In addition to that however I liked that the frame is far stiffer than the previous models and the roll over mitigation technology is a good thing. At any rate, I don't have to go down the list of features with you folks, you know them as well as I.

My own Jeep will arrive next monday as I ordered it. The first Jeep dealer that I went to I have to say was God awful. I stopped by there to look at ordering or transferring a Jeep because I already knew that they didn't have the one I wanted on the lot. The salesman, whom I had talked to a couple of times previously, was insistant that I go home, get my trade in and get this "Come back tomorrow." lol I was thinking "Buddy, how long have you been selling cars? When customer shows up without their trade in, that should tell you something." He was in no way interested in taking the time to sit down with me and just say "Ok, what kind of Jeep do you want and lets see if we can find it." He was insistant that I go get my trade in and I finally told him that I wasn't going to be trading that day and besides I already new what the NADA for the car is. His exact response to me. "They aren't going to give you NADA." Then he started saying something else but I don't know what it was because he was talking to the back of my head as I walked away. I stopped and said "If you can't go NADA you are not a reputable dealer."

So we drove 30 miles down the road and ordered a Jeep from another dealer who gave me no problems. By that point I was even in my own car and they just said, "Let's get the Jeep you want first, then we'll worry about a trade in." They were great to work with thus far, though the real dealing has yet to begin. lol

So anyway, I ended up ordering a 2008 black, X, softtop, with automatic transmission and AC as the only options. I'll do the rest from there. Looking forward to it. I've already been looking through the various options from Bestop and several other distributors for everything from hard tops to doors to MOLLE gear for the seats. Of course the first thing will be new tires and wheels.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum. I have a Black X too.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

well congrats on your new jeep! it sounds nice.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on Jeep, but AUTOMATIC???
Old 02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Yep I went with the automatic because it's a daily driver and I have to do a lot of city driving. I like stick shift well enough but the last time opted for a stick it got old real quick. I'd rather have the automatic and from what I hear they still do just fine off road. I guess I'm about to find out. lol

Quick Reply: I'm A New JK Owner