Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Jeep jk drive shaft

Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep jk drive shaft

hey guys I am new to jk forum I have a 08 jku that I am going to start to invest on it right know I have 4.5 suspension with 20x12 on 37” tires. Next month I am going to install 5.13 revolution gears but I need to know witch drive shaft shoul I buy any advice
Old 09-21-2018, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duongtn34
hey guys I am new to jk forum I have a 08 jku that I am going to start to invest on it right know I have 4.5 suspension with 20x12 on 37” tires. Next month I am going to install 5.13 revolution gears but I need to know witch drive shaft shoul I buy any advice
Welcome to the forum...
You should not need to change driveshafts when you change gears. Now if you were altering your lift at the same time, that is another matter.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I'm gonna guess OP is still on factory DS, and the desire to upgrade is more about knowing the factory DS is sure to die on 4.5" lift. Also going to guess OP is thinking about doing it while regearing as they'd be changing the pinion yoke; however, there are options out there as well to bolt right up to the factory flange if you so choose.

Many different DS manufacturers out there, and they're all about the same considering drive shaft is a pretty simple component. Adams makes a nice unit that is priced right. Tom Woods, JE Reel, Rubicon Express, G2......there's a ton out there. You could even get a local shop to make you one. Sometimes that's cheaper. I'd look at getting one with a solid u-joint. That is one thing to look for.

Quick Reply: Jeep jk drive shaft