Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Jeep noobie

Old 09-23-2019, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep noobie

Hello. My name is James and I have a problem. I’ve had the mod bug with dozens of ricer imports and the wifey just gave an approval for a Jeep purchase. I picked up a 2014 Dragon. Keeping the sticker for now, but will probably remove it once I get tired of the Ed Hardy bling.

Plan is to read the forums and learn from what’s been tried and done before I waste a ton of hard earned cash. I don’t want to spend much.

Plan:
Modest 3.5 or 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift
33-34 inch tires on stock 18” dragon wheels with a spacer
Axle back exhaust
LED halo lights and some sort of aggressive top grill cover

Anything else I’m missing that’s an inexpensive must have?!

Last edited by Jimmy James; 09-24-2019 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Welcome. Not to put a damper on plans, but I'd suggest to just search Rough Country lifts on this forum and see what you find. I'd start researching a few other options personally. We see a couple threads every week it seem and the issues are the same every time. Also, 3.5" isn't modest and will cost a lot more than you initially think. Whatever you decide to go with though, you'll find good support here. I'd just suggest reading up a bit so you don't bang your head against the wall later. TheDirtman's stickie at the top of the modified section is a good place to start with a little reading.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Congratulations NoName! Welcome to our group from South Texas!
Old 09-23-2019, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I'll second the advice of reading through the stickies at the top of the Modified Tech area when you get a chance. Buy based on informed opinion, not on low, low price tag or which mfg has the biggest marketing budget.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:50 PM

Funny y’all say that. I started reading through the sticky and instantly noticed the RC was shit on. Guess I’ll be searching for an alternative solution. Don’t need a huge lift. Just enough to clear 33-34” tires w/out rubbing.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

They are very popular with pickups, but they just miss the mark with the JK. Some of their things just don't translate very well to JKs....starting with a drop pitman arm.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:42 AM

One stop shop for jk parts? Extremeterrain? Any vendor here? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

My preference is NorthRidge4x4 (discount code JKFORUM unless there is a better one out). Not a fan of Quadratec, mainly due to they don't have the best prices, BUT they are usually a good source for some small factory replacement pieces you can't find elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

This is one of the best 2.5" kits out there for a daily driver. https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-o...t-edition.html It has everything you need and will provide about 3" of actual lift on a stock JK. The Rocksport shocks work really well with the dual rate coils and provide a ride that is actually better then stock. Its a kit that you buy direct although they may be one vendor out there selling them. Takes a good 8 hours to install.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
This is one of the best 2.5" kits out there for a daily driver. https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-o...t-edition.html It has everything you need and will provide about 3" of actual lift on a stock JK. The Rocksport shocks work really well with the dual rate coils and provide a ride that is actually better then stock. Its a kit that you buy direct although they may be one vendor out there selling them. Takes a good 8 hours to install.
Awesome! Thanks for pointing me toward the right direction. Makes it a bit easier not to get overwhelmed by hundreds of products this late in the game.

Quick Reply: Jeep noobie