Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Jeep wrangler over heating

Old 01-06-2023, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep wrangler over heating

I have a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara with the 3.6L and at high way speeds it over heats I’ve replaced the thermostat, water pump, fluid
i have flushed the radiator and have checked for clogs there isn’t any I smell antifreeze but don’t notice a drop in coolant levels the fans work and there isn’t coolant in my oil I don’t have anything blocking the radiator such as winches or anything
I have burped the system
please let me know what I should do next
Old 01-06-2023, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. A question, what is the temp reading on the gauge? Is it boiling the coolant over? When the thermostat was changed on mine, it took 4 Burping sessions to rid the system of Air.. A sign more burp is needed is when the engine cools (like overnight) the top rad hose will be collapsed or have sunk in places so look before starting.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome! I had a freind that had sand casting in his block...sounds like you have checked for that- but his was a long process of flushing to get it all cleaned out. If your getting good flow- then I would try another thermostat... They are cheap... and sometimes you get that one bad one...

Quick Reply: Jeep wrangler over heating