Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

JK chaos is now settled

Old 03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK chaos is now settled

Belated introduction here...so Hello from PA.

After a month of trying to find a Rubicon in rescue green I bought a 2007 X in stone white. Got to the wearing self out point trying to find one I just said hell with it. So I got the X but wanted to make sure it had 4.10 gears and a six speed. It was indeed a 4.10 geared, stick and even had limited slip. Was in very nice condition. As nice as it was I just couldn't get warm and fuzzy about it. It wasn't what I really wanted. Then I get a phone call from a dealer whom I 'm good friends with some news. He asked me if I still wanted a Rubicon in rescue green. (Don't I feel like an ass) Of course I did what any smart business person would do and said sure. You know you are committed to Jeep..and probably should be committed to a hospital...when your love of Jeep is greater than the hate of losing money.

So here I am, with a 2007 Rubicon exactly as I wanted one. Rescue Green, stick, oh and with half doors. Yes I actually wanted half doors. What are the odds I would have found what I wanted.

In one month I have now owned two Jk and many hangovers.

Oh and I forgot to mention, this is my eleventh Jeep vehicle. Cool or sad? LOL

Took Rubicon out last night 5 hours after I picked it up. Got stuck 75 yards from the hard road burried in a crusted over 3 foot drift. And it was fantastic. I later went to a different place and I was very impressed with the performance of the Rubicon. The X did pretty darn good in its own right while I had it but the Rubicon was ..well a Rubicon.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats man, it's hard to find a used one with everything you want. I looked forever for a 2 door rubi, jeep green, with navi and low miles and I just gave up after a few months when I found a sahara with everything else I wanted...kinda wish I would have kept on looking
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on getting what you wanted. I wanted a Rubi in rescue green but couldnt find it, went with sahara and I'm just building it up over time
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats with the find. I had the dealer trade with another dealer a couple hundred miles away to get my sport. totally ridiculous, my only real requirement was a six speed and not red. apparently no one likes sticks anymore because it was a pain to find one.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cheers to the "everything you wanted" - I just wanted a 6 speed when I was looking. And I'm still glad I got it, even after the hour sitting in traffic....

I traded in my Ford Fusion after 4 months of owning it (Went from "practical" to WHAT I WANTED!!), So I feel your pain, brother. I prescribe this -> Trust me, I'm a pre-med!

Quick Reply: JK chaos is now settled