Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

JK preparation

Old 09-17-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK preparation

Hello everyone,

I have been a member here for a little while now, although not active. I have been planning on buying a 4dr rubicon for a while now, I have been holding out, due in part, to buying a house this past spring, and also waiting for a the new power plant to be married to the JK.
Now that both have been achieved, I am looking at purchasing a 2012 rubicon next spring. ( currently run a 2002 Xterra)
I have plans for my new rubicon as soon as I get it. This will not be a pavement princess.
Therefore I want to begin buying everything I need to get my Jk where I want it, before I actually get it. This is where I need advise from people who know JK's the best.

For starters:
LIFT:
I want to go with long arm's.... I know the value of flex and what as much as I can get. Is rubicon express the best option? What is the best option for the front double cardan shaft?

Wheels/Tires:
I was thinking 15"x8" soft 8 rims, on a 35 x 12.5 KM2. being a 15" steel rim, will it clear the calipers? what back spacing will be required?

Armor:
I want a front winch bumper that is narrow, light but strong, and will utilize the oem driving lights. there are so many out there, what is the preferred choice?
For the rear bumper, I may opt to keep it stock until I damage it, but will a 35x12.5 tire mount to the oem mount, keeping in mind the backspacing on the rim (that you recommend)? I would assume a wheel spacer could be used?
Rock rails. Is there something that protects well, and allow foot room to step on to reach my safari rack on the roof?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Larry

Quick Reply: JK preparation