Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Joined the JK Club This Month...

Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the JK Club This Month...

Hello everyone!

My name is John and I bought a new 2015, 2-Door , hardtop, black Wrangler Sport S this month. I am coming from a 2006 TJ which was just costing me a fortune each month to keep it running. I arranged a test drive from the dealership that was 3 miles from my house and I was hooked the minute I put it into "drive". This thing rides like a Cadillac compared to my last TJ-era Jeep, and all of the YJ's I had before! I am a very happy man.....I find myself wishing my horrible daily commute to and from work would take a little longer, and it never fails to make me smile when driving it.

My TJ was lifted with 33x12.5x15's, and my wife and daughter could barely get in it - hell, even I had a hard time getting in it! So this one will not be lifted....too much...hehehe. I do possibly foresee a leveling kit. Larger and more aggressive tires will be put on by Christmas, along with some new 16" wheels. I am liking what I hear about the new Toyo R/T tire...and of course there is always the good old Goodyear Duratrac to fall back on.

I would really love to get the definite word on the largest tire I can run with no lift and only a leveling kit. I am looking at the 285/70R16 or 295/70R16 size. What is the group opinion in this size? Also, is there a preferred leveling kit? 4-Wheel Parts is a mile or so from my work and they have suggested the Rubicon Express. The other's I've heard of are the Daystar, Teraflexx, and Rough Country. I'd like to know the group consensus on this as well.

I think this one will be winch-less, guys and gals....I am afraid it will be my daily driver for many years to come and I am at the age now to where I prefer moderate comfort over having the most lifted, gnarliest Jeep out there. I'd actually like for the wife to be able to ride with me more than she does! Anyway...I found a nice brush guard by Aries that will likely go on soon. I wish there was a way to mount D-Rings to the stock bumper....it ices here in the DFW are almost every year, and without fail I am the one going around the neighborhood pulling my neighbors out.

Anyway...thanks in advance for all the knowledge I will surely glean from you learned, veteran JK owners on here! Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You can easily fit 33s with a leveling kit, hell even 35s if you want to trim a little.

I'd suggest taking some time and just reading, every part out there has been reviewed a ton. Check out the FAQs and "My Thoughts on Lifts" in the modified section as well.

Quick Reply: Joined the JK Club This Month...