Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Just got my JK

Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my JK

Just got my new to me JK on New Year's Eve. Excellent way to bring in the new year!!!! We had been wanting a jeep for a while and finally bit the bullet. It is a 2010 JKU Sahara in white. Now I am on my way to going broke. I love this thing and want to do so much to it. The info here is amazing and priceless!!!
I do have a few questions about this Jeep though.
1-Is this thing waterproof? As in if I leave the top down(which it hasn't been up yet) and it monsoons, will the seats soak up water, will the radio crap out, or is there anything that shouldn't get wet?
2-Should the differentials be leaking around the seals?
3-Is there a good way to store the windows(side 2 and back) in the jeep when the top is down? So far I just leave them at home which is all good until I need to put the top up when not at home.

I'm sure I am going to have a mess of other questions but can't think of them right now. Thanks in advance and this site rocks!!!
Nick
Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1- I would also suggest taking the drain plug out from under the front floor permanently. small leaks will eventually develop and just sit water in the bottom of your floor pans.

3 - I find the best way to store the back windows is to roll them up together with an old bed sheet between im so they don't get scratched, then slide them into a storage tube you get with those fold up sports chairs. once they are rolled up, they will slide under the backseat.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah the interior stock is not water proof. It will fair better than 99% of vehicles but you still need to make sure you dry it up.

The stock diffs can leak a little. Check the level with the fill plug. If its lvl is okay then it's normal leakage. If you dont like the leaking switch to lube lockers over the rtv sealant the factory uses. It's a 40 dollar investment for front and rear.

Finally they make storage bags for the windows. (if your anal). Personally I just carefully roll everything up and put it behind the rear seat. The trees on the trails in Ohio make sure my windows stay scratched up. To help use plexus on the windows to seal and condition the windows.

Finally get a good UV protectant like 303 or turtle wax tire shine. Use it religiously on your plastic bumpers etc... My 2010 has been babied with that and the trim all looks new. There is one spot I dont treat and you can see a huge difference with fading. I know you didn't ask but unless you swap out bumpers it's a big eye sore after a summer. . Enjoy the new toy!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Great info on the window storage under the rear seat in a chair tube. I will also have to get some of the treatment for the windows and some for the top also. I was notified by jeep that there is a recall for my top. Not sure if they are going ti replace it or what.
Nick

Quick Reply: Just got my JK