Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Lift Questions-Newbie

Old 12-30-2016, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Questions-Newbie

I am putting a JKS 3.5" and 35's on my new freedom edition 2dr JK. After a lot of research and opinions this is the lift I have decided on. Any opinions why I shouldn't do this? Leaning between this and teraflex.

Once I have the lift and tires, will I need to re-gear or will I need to use the superchip. I understand re-gearing. What does the superchip do that prevents people from regearing?
Old 12-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlmcpherson1
I am putting a JKS 3.5" and 35's on my new freedom edition 2dr JK. After a lot of research and opinions this is the lift I have decided on. Any opinions why I shouldn't do this? Leaning between this and teraflex.

Once I have the lift and tires, will I need to re-gear or will I need to use the superchip. I understand re-gearing. What does the superchip do that prevents people from regearing?
As for lift, did you read this? https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/ (credit to Dirtman)

Will you need to re-gear?... well, what gears do you have now? (your profile doesn't say). Is it an automatic or a standard? What year jeep?

When you change tire size you will need to reprogram in some way (more so with an automatic) so the speedometer and other bits work correctly.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

A programer like super chips does not compensate for lack of gears and is not a substitute for proper gearing. They are use to correct the electronic speedometer and odometer and if you have an automatic it will change shift points and there are some special tunes that allow you to spend more money on gas for minimal performance gains.
A 2.5" lift is more suited for 35" tires and will cost you much less and cause fewer issues.

Quick Reply: Lift Questions-Newbie