Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Long Island, NY checking in!!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island, NY checking in!!

Well, it's been a few months since we brought my first (wy wife's 2nd) 2012 JKU Rubi home from the lot. To be honest, I really didn't know what to expect, and I certainly ever thought I'd become absolutely ADDICTED to mods, and then wheeling the new mods. Honestly, there should be some kind of a warning label on the sides of new jeeps while they are still in the wrapper, maybe something along the lines of "The attorney general- wranglers can lead to empty pockets, distorted judgment off the road, and chronic modding" or something along those lines.

I've enjoyed many of the project jk videos and most recently the write ups as well- so I'd like to say a heart felt Thank You to those whom take the time to show the way forward and share their knowledge so freely and willingly.

That said- looking forward to bumming around the forums between meetings and picking up a few more pieces of knowledge.

So far, I've done:
A TF leveling kit
Ace sliders
Riddler diffs front and rear
Cb mount etc
EVO Pro-Tek skid package
Upgraded tires/wheels (running duratracs 285/70/17 on AEV pintlers)

Future plans include:
A bigger/better lift. Been eyeballing some of the rock krawler options
New front bumper from LOD is en route- should have it mounted this week
Just purchased a M8000 winch, looking forward to putting it to use

Been wheeling more than a dozen times since April- yeah, it's safe to say I'm totally pumped on my new hobby

Last edited by Kurtz265; 08-14-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! I get my lift thursday cant wait!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Where do you go wheelin? I'm from LI also. Always looking for a new spot other then rausch creek.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nd4spd 4 a jk
Where do you go wheelin? I'm from LI also. Always looking for a new spot other then rausch creek.
Yeah, im in the same boat as you buddy. Options are limited. Rausch creek when I can break away from the family, or Smith Point for some beach time. Thats about all ive found so far :( Definintely open to finding some new spots to challenge the rig- stay in touch!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY checking in!!