Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Looking into a JKU Rubicon

Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into a JKU Rubicon

Hey everyone. Just looking to get some info/suggestions. Currently have a Cherokee Trailhawk as my DD and weekend wheeler (yes, I wheel my TH)

Fiancee came along with me to Trailfest, and now she's hooked. She was looking at Sahara's etc, but for the money I'd rather just get a Rubicon and be done with it. We'd relegate the KL to pulling our 4000lbs camper and split duty on local drives.

My questions would be basically if there's anything I should look at or inspect closely. Obviously skid plates will be first indication if it's been wheeled. It's a 2015 with 21,xxx kms. It looks extremely clean. Are there any known issues with the newer models?

Thanks for any insight!
Old 08-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I do not believe there are any issue with the newer JKU's. I would however recommend getting the Life Time Warranty when you purchase it. You have to ask for it because they will not tell you about it. It is about $800 - $1000 more than the extended warranty but well worth it. I have it on my 2011 JKU and has covered most everything except my fuel line issue which was caused by my dented fuel tank skid according to Chrysler. I mainly purchased it for the electronic stuff. A $100 deductible is a lot better than $3000 for a new PCM or ECU.

R/
Will
Old 08-10-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I don't think the lifetime warranty is available to us north of the border though, but I'll check.

Ran the VIN checker for options it was ordered with, looks like I'll need a soft top if we go with it, it was special ordered without the 2 top option. It's only got the 3.73's, but I think for the commute we do(70ish miles per day), the 3.73's will do us better than running 4.10's. Not looking to go bigger than 33's and a mild lift anyways.

Quick Reply: Looking into a JKU Rubicon