Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Losing RPMs

Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing RPMs

tk33
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep losing RPMsHey new member, have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 140k on it.
Issue arose the other night as I went to pass another vehicle, Jeep started jumping and missing and RPMs wouldn’t climb.
Stopped at a stop sign and it idle smooth, not missing or anything, but as I went to accelerate start acting similar to before. Parked in garage, idled fine yet when I went to push gas pedal down it climbed to about 3kRPM and dropped to around 2k even with throttle mashed.

Pulled plugs and couldn’t believe the thing was still running, all but 1 was shot..put new plugs, wires and coil on..compression check came back fine..now it’s not missing but still lose my RPMs...pulled throttle body cleaned it out (was gummed up solid) still nothing so I replaced it thinking the TPC could be bad...still nothing.
Could I be losing fuel pressure cause these issues?

Kind of running out of ideas and shops can’t get me in until end of week?

Thanks for any suggestions

Ps borrowing friends code scanner tonight just didn’t have access to one yet...looking down spark plug sockets on driver side Heads looked like had a lot of build up on them?

Quick Reply: Losing RPMs