Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New 15' Rubi Portland OR

Old 09-15-2015, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 15' Rubi Portland OR

First Question... AEV or Terra-Flex?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Neither.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
Neither.
So what do you recommend?
Old 09-15-2015, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

The best advice I can give is to ride in as many lifted jeeps as possible. Each lift has a different flavor. Some ride stiffer others are more durable. The considerations are really endless.

I can assure you one thing. Buying parts twice is the most expensive thing you can do to your jeep.

Planning is extremely important. I prefer to buy some armor, throw on a spacer lift and see how I feel. If the height is good, you can get a similar size lift to add articulation.

It really comes down to what you want out of your jeep.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roguetraininggarage
First Question... AEV or Terra-Flex?
I have the AEV 2.5 with geometry brackets and I love it. Works awesome for what I do. My Rubi is daily driver on road about 90%, as well as to and from trips. When off road I'm usually fully loaded for me and my girl for 5-7 days without seeing pavement covering a lot of miles. The AEV handles great loaded or unloaded. I don't tend to do "rock crawling" though there are some rough sections of trail wherever I go. I'm sure there are other great choices but you have to look at your specific need. HTH
Old 09-16-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr
I have the AEV 2.5 with geometry brackets and I love it. Works awesome for what I do. My Rubi is daily driver on road about 90%, as well as to and from trips. When off road I'm usually fully loaded for me and my girl for 5-7 days without seeing pavement covering a lot of miles. The AEV handles great loaded or unloaded. I don't tend to do "rock crawling" though there are some rough sections of trail wherever I go. I'm sure there are other great choices but you have to look at your specific need. HTH

You on 35's then? What did that lift (components included) run you?

Quick Reply: New 15' Rubi Portland OR