Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New 2013 JK

Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2013 JK

Hi all, New to the forum and new to jeep. Bought 2013 JK sport with 6 speed, rubican suspension and tires. From Tooele, Ut. Retired Navy CWO. Looking forward to some traveling around the Utah area. I do have a question, by getting the manual transmission is there any pros or cons when four wheeling. Duane 5157
Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got a nice Jeep on your hands.

As for the manual, there are a few advantages while wheeling that make it my preference. (have an auto Jeep but a manual Blazer). With the manual you can really crawl at slow speeds over obstacles. Because you control the amount of slip going to the tires, you can be more precise with the amount of power to the wheels than you can with an automatic. Of course, an automatic is easier plug-n-play that requires less practice. Surely you'll find plenty of supporters for both on here.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome aboard shipmate, I have only been on the forum a couple of weeks myself, but always glad to see sailors in the mix. I retired in 2003 as an LCDR LDO after 25 years in the club.

Brent

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: New 2013 JK