Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New 2015 jk, what are it's limits?

Old 10-26-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2015 jk, what are it's limits?

Hey I'm new to this website and was wondering what my 2015 wrangler sport 4 door can do off road wise?
Old 10-26-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

A lot more than you might think! Best advice I can give you is to hook up with a local club or member from here and get out and try it. The biggest limiting factor at the beginning will probably be what you feel comfortable doing with your new rig!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

The stock JK is a very capable vehicle, (I have done very little modding to mine and while my list is long I love it as it is).

There is not really a straight forward answer of what it can and can't do besides the straight numbers they give you on the website (ground clearance, approach angle, break over angle, departure angle) that kind of stuff. You really just have to get out there and play with it, and get to know it.

Happy Jeeping! Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The limits usually end up being the drivers skill set.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the above posts. You, the driver, are the initial limit due to what you are comfortable doing. I wanted to stick to relatively flat areas my first time out because I was new to Jeeping, and I wasn't sure what I, or the Jeep, could do. I was talked into going to an off road park, and I was shocked at what the stock Jeep could do. My Jeep is still mostly stock (with a huge "to do" list of mods), but after a few trips to some trails, I am more comfortable in my abilities and what the Jeep is able to do. Test it out, have some fun. I also recommend meeting up with a local Jeep club or get some people on here to take you out. I would highly recommend first investing in recovery gear and communication equipment. Snatch strap, shackles/ D-rings, first aid kit and a CB or other form of communication while on the trails. Have fun with your new toy. And always remember that Jeep really stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Solid advise here. Your jeep is much more capible then you are if you are new to off roading. There is a huge group of jeepers that are very active in the Cleavland area and are glad to have jeepers of any experience join them. They are however on a different forum.

Quick Reply: New 2015 jk, what are it's limits?