Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from Avondale/Goodyear AZ

Old 03-23-2016, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Avondale/Goodyear AZ

Hello all. My name is Gary and I just recently purchased my first Jeep. (NOTE: I have driven several Army jeeps, H1s and 4x4 trucks while in the service.)

It is a Billet Silver Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I call Jessie. Stock for now, but most likely not for long.

So far I love it, except for one thing ........ when I turn the stereo volume past 20 the EVIC flashes "THE VEHICLE IS NOT IN PARK". So I am guessing that there is some sensor somewhere that is vibrating. Any ideas?

/salute
Old 03-23-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PHANTZM
Hello all. My name is Gary and I just recently purchased my first Jeep. (NOTE: I have driven several Army jeeps, H1s and 4x4 trucks while in the service.) It is a Billet Silver Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I call Jessie. Stock for now, but most likely not for long. So far I love it, except for one thing ........ when I turn the stereo volume past 20 the EVIC flashes "THE VEHICLE IS NOT IN PARK". So I am guessing that there is some sensor somewhere that is vibrating. Any ideas? /salute
Happy to welcome another Az jeep owner! I have a manual transmission, but that seems very odd. Is it new? If so, I think a trip to dealer is in order.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

It's brand new. Not even 600 miles on it yet. I will try to get off a bit early and see what they think is causing it.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I'm too live around Avondale, right near 99th and lower buckeye. There's a great trail off Elliot rd in Buckeye called Rainbow wash if your looking for a trail nearby to break her in. As for the EVIC issue, i'd try is pulling the battery cables for 30 mins first before taking a trip to the dealer

/Jeepwave
Old 03-24-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tip croce, i will disconnect the battery and give that a shot.

As for rainbow wash, i will give it a go!! I have been all over the san domingo wash area near morristown and wickenburg prospecting this past weekend. That was really fun.

/salute
Old 12-06-2016, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I moved. I am now located in Maricopa, AZ.

Jeep on.

Quick Reply: New from Avondale/Goodyear AZ