Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

"NEW" Doesn't Even BEGIN To Describe Me...

Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NEW" Doesn't Even BEGIN To Describe Me...

Greetings and Salutations JK-Forum!

My name's Will, and as the title of this post so aptly states, not only am I a new member of JK-Forum...I am also new to the world of Jeeps. Or anything 4x4 for that matter. Currently, I'm on Active Duty in the US NAVY in the Submarine Service. My rank is E7, and my job is Yeoman (for those fellow Shipmates out there). Born and raised in Michigan, but I've been stationed in CT for almost my entire 12yr. (13yrs. in June) tenure. My past car resume is as follows:

1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002 Toyota Celica GT

2004 Subaru WRX

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

So...almost everything Jeep related is new to me. I do have some plans already in mind for the new Jeep...nothing too, too crazy. As you can tell from the photos of my last 3 vehicles, I'm no stranger to modifications. However, if I go crazy with the Jeep...I have a feeling my wife will murder me.

So far I'm looking at set of Pro Comp "Series 52 Rock Crawler" matte black 16x8s, with 285/75-16s. I'm also looking at the Steelcraft 52200 or the Aries ARS1050 grill guards...(although I really don't see a difference in the two, other than price) And then just a few minor exterior modifications...satin black fuel door, etc.

I hope to learn a lot from JK-Forum, and it's members. Don't worry...I'll search prior to posting any n00b questions I may have.

~Will
Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Welcome.

I came back to Jeeps after playing around with Subarus for eight years. I had an '04 WRX, '06 STi, then an '06 LGT wagon.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new jeep!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quick Reply: "NEW" Doesn't Even BEGIN To Describe Me...